MTAT.03.315 Programming Patterns in Computer Games
- Practice sessions:
- Mondays 16:15 - 17:45, Liivi 2 - 403.
- Bring your own laptop!
- Margus Luik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raimond Tunnel (email@example.com)
- All course materials and practice sessions are in English.
- Unity (C#)
Passing the course
The final score is obtained as the sum of all points. Point score is then mapped to the F-A scale in the traditional manner (91% = A, 81%-90% = B, etc). There are no mandatory parts, as long as the points add up to a positive grade.
- Practice sessions
Each practice session is themed after as a task in game development. We will explore the problem and present how to apply certain design patterns to overcome this specific problem. In each practice session we will also have one or more exercises which have to be submitted for grading. It is also possible to get help or feedback on last weeks exercises.
- Grading: Exercises from practice sessions will add up to 70% of the points.
- Deadline: Practice exercises must be submitted within two weeks from the start of practice session they were given in.
- Most tasks can be submitted in pairs.
- Written exam
The exam will be in writing and will consist of theoretical questions discussed during the practice session.
- Grading: The questions in exam will add up to 30% of the points.
- Exam dates: TBA
- Bonus points
- It is possible to gain bonus points for exceptional solutions to practice exercises.
- Participating in APT Game Generator Ludum Dare game jam is worth 10 bonus points.