Seminar on Program Analysis
- ÕIS data: MTAT.03.271, 3 ECTS
- Time: Thursdays, 14:15 - 16:00
- Place: Liivi 2-612
- Language English
- Contact: Vesal Vojdani
This seminar will focus primarily on sound static program analysis. It is part of our ongoing efforts to dramatically reduce software vulnerabilities. We will follow Stephen Chong's Harvard course on Advanced Topics in Programming languages. There will be some introductory lectures/tutorials, but the seminar is mainly in the form of paper discussions.
- You need to read the papers each week and participate in the class discussions. See the schedule for the list of topics.
- You should be prepared to lead some of these discussions.
- That's all! Since reading & participation is the only requirement, I expect you will do your best to engage with the weekly reading material. Read this note about reading papers from the Harvard course. It applies to this course as well.
If you want to try the ideas out, or maybe you just want do some practical work during this seminar. Well, we can register you to MTAT.03.272 (Programmeerimiskeelte uurimisprojekt / Special Assignment in Programming Languages). This provides an extra 3 ECTS credits for completing an independent task in the field of programming languages.