Research Seminar in Cryptography
Seminar coordinator: Vitaly Skachek, Ülikooli 17-224 (Paabel), office hours Wed. 10:15-11:45
Meetings: Thur. 16.15 - 18.00, Ülikooli 17-219
The first meeting will take place on February 16th
Contact: Vitaly Skachek
The main aim of the course is to introduce a variety of research topics from the fields of Computer Security and Cryptography. Participation in the seminar is especially recommended to Bachelor or Master's students who consider specializing in these areas.
A student will be required to write and present a research report on one of the proposed project topics. Project may include hands-on work, including implementations. Each presentation typically takes about 45 minutes (including 10 minutes for questions and discussion). The student should attend the presentations of the other students and participate in the discussions. The actual number of contact hours will depend on the number of presentations (projects), and it will typically be smaller than 32. This work is evaluated by PASS or FAIL grade and gives 3 EAP.
There is an option for extended form of participation in the seminar. This option leads to additional 3 EAP and a grade. Typically the student will provide a novel solution or implementation. This is done by taking the individual course (MTAT.07.020 Special Assignment in Cryptography), and it requires agreement of a supervisor and the seminar organizer.
September 16th: kick-off meeting
March 6th: the last day for the project selection
Presentations: April 20th -- May 25th
- Behzad Abdolmaleki: behzad-report-s16-17.pdf
- Karim Baghery: karim-report-s16-17.pdf
- Tore Vincent Carstens: tore-report-s16-17.pdf
- Sofiya Demchuk: sofiya-report-s16-17.pdf
- Annabell Kuldmaa: annabell-report-s16-17.pdf
- Hannes Metssalu: hannes-report-s16-17.pdf
- Raul-Martin Rebane: raul-martin-report-s16-17.pdf
- Janno Siim: janno-siim-report-s16-17.pdf
- Muhammad Uzair: muhammad-report-s16-17.pdf
- Lembit Valgma: lembit-report-s16-17.pdf
- Janno Veeorg: janno-veeorg-report-s16-17.pdf
- Hiie Vill: hiie-report-s16-17.pdf