MTAT.08.021 System Administration (6 ECTS)
Course consists of up to 16 practical labs
Lab Sessions will be held @Liivi 2-123
Group 2: Tuesdays 12:15-14:00 - Alo Peets
Group 3: Wednesdays 12:15-14:00 - Alo Peets
Group 6: Wednesdays 18:15-20:00 - Üllar Lindmaa
Group 5: Thursdays 16:15-18:00 - Alo Peets
Group 7: Thursdays 18:15-20:00 - Üllar Lindmaa
Group 4: Friday 10:15-12:00 - Alo Peets
- Critical messages will be announced personally over UT mail through OIS
- (by UT mail we mean addresses in @ut.ee domain).
- Course general discussion will be announced over course lists
- email@example.com [ Send Message ]
- Labs give at total 50% of the final grade
- All Lab tasks have to be completed 100% in order to be allowed for the examination.
- Exam gives 50% of the final grade (the duration of exam is limited)
- Bonus points are collected in addition to lab and examination points.
- It is possible to obtain more than 100% of a total grade.
- Course is graded positively if you collect at least 51% of total points
The labs will be taught in English. During the labs, you will set up common services like mail server, web server, file server, or a monitoring system using the Linux operating system. Labs are obligatory and must pass 100% of labs. Grading occurs automatically in real-time. Each lab has a set of tasks critical to fulfill (mainly configure the services mentioned above). The automatic system checks the correctness and validity and grades the students. The grading table is private and unique for each student, as it is requires personal certificate to access the corresponding web page (further information will be announced). The lab assistant is always there to:
- Announce and introduce the lab topic
- Have overview-talk about the lab topic
- Show the Best-Practices in respect to lab topic
- Answer question about the lab material/configuration
- Help with correct solutions for the most difficult tasks
- Tasks difficulty is estimated by overall performance of the group
->Accessing the lab machines requires personal lab account, which will be activated for everybody during the first week of labs. Hence visiting the first lab is critical to obtain the lab account. Once lab account is obtained, it can be used to access any machine in the lab. Account contains 50GB of personal space. This space is meant for storing the lab instances as well as the backups (by lab instance we mean a snapshot of individual Linux installation students suppose to configure during the labs).
There is a possibility to solve the lab tasks outside of the class facility using your personal machines. Remote access requires:
- All the information about the remote acces can be found here!
Courses from the previous years