- 08.09.2017 Introduction - organization
- 15.09.2017 Introduction - introductory topics
- 22.09.2017 Introduction - introductory topics (diffuse scattering animation)
- 29.09.2017 ICS Day - No Seminar Here
- 06.10.2017 Introduction Continued (SGP, Shaders, Tasks)
- 13.10.2017 Voronoi Diagrams — Marko Täht
- 20.10.2017 Bones Skeletal Unity 2D - How & When? — Mahir Gulzar (pptx)
- 27.10.2017 Polished Game Development — Diana Algma (pptx)
- 03.11.2017 Field Trip to the CGVR Lab (slides)
- 10.11.2017 Reflections & Caustics — Kerstin Äkke
- 17.11.2017 Data Visualization — Brait Õispuu
- 24.11.2017 Guest Digital Artist's Presentation (Silver Kontus, Daily Spitpaint)
Everyone think at least one question for our guest
- 01.12.2017 Holiday (no seminar)
- 08.12.2017 Use Case Study: Zootopia — Natia Doliashvili
- 15.12.2017 Lighting Models — Khatia Kilanava (pptx)
- 22.12.2017 Project presentations
 introductory topics - these include introduction to OpenGL and WebGL, standard graphics pipeline, vertex transformations, colors, lights and ray tracing.
- Marko Täht — Voronoi Diagrams, 13.10
- Mahir Gulzar — Bones Skeletal Unity 2D - How & When?, 20.10
- Diana Algma — Polished Game Development, 27.10
- Kerstin Äkke — Reflections & Caustics, 10.11
- Brait Õispuu — Data Visualization, 17.11
- Natia Doliashvili — Use Case Study: Zootopia, 08.12
- Khatia Kilanava — Lighting Models, 15.12
- Aadam Kaivo — ???, ??.??
- Andreas Sepp — ???, ??.??
Some possible topics
- Color blending – What happens when there are transparent objects in your scene?
- Lighting models – What are the common models? Where and when are they used?
- Texturing – How can one sample from a texture? What kinds of artefacts may appear?
- Curves – Why are they important in CG? What about curved surfaces?
- Global illumination – Pick one or compare different methods: Radiosity, path tracing, photon mapping.
- Realtime realistic rendering – Provide an overview of the common methods or pick some effect (light, wetness, fog, fur / hair, skin) and find out how it's rendered realistically in real time.
- Non-realistic rendering – Where is it used and how is it achieved? Realtime vs prerendered?
- Tessellation – How can this be done in OpenGL 4?
- Post-processing effects – What effects are there? When and how are they used?
- Procedural generation (PCG wiki) – Where and how is it used? How to apply procedural textures to procedurally generated meshes?
- Physically-Based Shading – What is it? Why is it important to understand physical properties of materials for shading? What games / game engines use it?
- Rendering in VR – What extra considerations are in VR? How do different technologies overcome them?
- Vulkan – What can be done with it? Why is it useful? How to Vulkan?
- Subsurface scattering – What is it? How it is implemented? What does it solve?
- Reflections and caustics – What are the modern techniques, which do those?
- GLSL vs HLSL – What are the differences? How are both used?
- Use case study – Find out in detail how graphics are done in one game or movie.
- Motion capture – What are the difficulties today? Best budget setup for it?
- Modern GPU architecture – How are GPU-s built today? What are they optimized for? E.g. Vega, Kepler, Pascal.
- Graphics on consoles / smartphones – What limitations are there in consoles or embedded systems vs the PC? How to overcome them compared to the PC approach?