Lab 2 & 3 - Introduction to Unity
Watch the lab Video
Extra advice if you are having problems with your homework
Today we will continue with space game. Make sure that you have finished all the steps from previous lab. The deadline for submitting the whole game is before the next lab.
Implement a shoot them up (shmup) style space game.
Your game should look similar to the following picture:
- Add win and lose conditions:
- When you lose all your lives, show a “You Lost” text on UI and a button for restarting the level.
- When you reach far enough in your level, show a “You Won” text on UI and a button for restarting the level.
- Under both of these texts show a smaller text with your score, eg: “Your score: 999”
- Add a darker background behind win and lose texts.
- Add shield skill:
- Make your right mouse button to spawn a shield around your ship that prevents taking damage.
- Holding the button down should reduce your energy.
- Do not spawn the shield while energy is depleted.
- Recharge the energy slowly when the skill is not active.
- Add particle effects:
- Make enemies and your own ship to spawn particles when destroyed.
- Extra: add thruster particles behind your ship.
- Add more types of enemies (at least 3 in total), they have to implement the following features:
- Make some enemies shooting their own projectiles towards you.
- Make some enemies with more complex moving patterns, you can either use a math function like a sine wave, animation curve or even a custom animation.
- Add laser beam skill:
- Make your left mouse button fire a laser beam.
- The laser beam is a line that travels instantly from your ship to the top of the screen. It should not go any further.
- Laser beam damages all the enemies in between.
- Laser beam also spends energy similar to the shield skill.
- Add powerups:
- Add at least two types of powerup pellets that can be consumed by touching with your spaceship.
- Some ideas about what a powerup can do:
- Increases your rate of fire permanently
- Adds an extra health
- Replenishes energy
- Shoots a radial wave of bullets out of your spaceship
- Add levels:
- Make a copy of your scene and create a more difficult level in it.
- After you win a game switch to the second level instead of restarting.
- Make the first level about 30 seconds long and not very hard to beat on the first try.
- Your first level should have at least 3 types of enemies and 2 types of powerup pellets.
- Build your game and test it.
Submit a compiled version of your game (Windows 64 build). Zip your build folder into a single package and make sure that all the additional files (that were created when building the game) are also included in this package. Don't submit your source code.