This course aims to be a general overview of algorithms, data structures, practical programming, heuristic search, etc. As such it is aimed as "equalizer" course for students coming from various backgrounds.
This course is an obligatory course in the MSc of Computer Science (usually taken during the 1st semester). It is also highly advisable for other curricula like Data Science, Cybersecurity and Software Engineering or specializations in interdisciplinary subjects like bioinformatics, statistics or mathematics.
Lecture/consultation: Tuesday 10.15 - 12.00 Delta - 1021 (Jaak Vilo, Kallol Roy)
(let's agree on this in the first lecture)
Lectures have been pre-recorded and available online via Panopto.ut.ee server (same videos)
(every week starting from week 2; Registration via SIS/ÕIS ois.ut.ee )
- group 1. Tuesday 12.15 - 14.00 Delta - 1017 (Kallol Roy)
- group 2. Thursday 14.15 - 16.00 Delta - 2010 (Joonas Puura)
- group 3. Friday 14.15 - 16.00 (Kallol Roy, Fully online only)
- Responsible Lecturer: Prof. Jaak Vilo firstname.lastname@example.org (Delta:3119)
- Teaching assistants: Joonas Puura email@example.com, and Kallol Roy firstname.lastname@example.org
Use Slack unitartucs-algorithmics and email for questions and discussions. See Lectures page.
Exam dates and times:
- TBD: Last year we experimented with 1-week long home exam
- Project final dates -
Other courses at our institute:
- Courses: http://courses.cs.ut.ee/