This course aims to be a general overview of algorithms, data structures, practical programming, heuristic search, etc. AS such it is aimed as "equalizer" course for students coming from various backgrounds.
This course is an obligatory course in the MSc of Computer Science (usually taken during the 1st semester). It is also highly advisable for other curricula like Data Science, Cybersecurity and Software Engineering or specializations in interdisciplinary subjects like bioinformatics, statistics or mathematics.
Please, cast your votes about the start date of a 7-day home exam: https://doodle.com/poll/wrkc8m88846yzw6i. (use your full name; note there is "if-needed-be" choice as well)
All content lectures pre-recorded and available online via Panopto.ut.ee server
Hybrid - classroom and Zoom lecture Tuesday 10.15 - 12.00 Narva mnt 18 (Delta) 1021 (Jaak Vilo)
Due COVID-19 restrictions we will aim at most lectures being available online. Full details are to be described. Please check the web, forum (Piazza), etc announcements
Practice session (every week starting from week 2; Registration via SIS/ÕIS ois.ut.ee )
- group 1. Tuesday 12.15 - 14.00 Delta - 2048 (Joonas Puura)
- group 2. Thursday 14.15 - 16.00 Delta - 2010 (Kallol Roy)
- group 3. Thursday 10.15 - 12.00 (Joonas Puura, Fully online only)
- group 4. Friday 16.15 - 18.00 (Kallol Roy, Fully online only)
Exam dates and times:
- Homework based - 8.-17. January. (tasks on Friday, submission deadline next Sunday night)
- Exam questions for all (released at 9am on 08.01.2021; Fib(n) correction on 9.01)
- Project final dates - January 20. and 21. (likely over Zoom)
- Lecturer: Prof. Jaak Vilo firstname.lastname@example.org (Delta:3119)
- Teaching assistants: Joonas Puura email@example.com, (Delta: 3109) and Kallol Roy firstname.lastname@example.org (Delta: )
- Forum: Piazza
- Mailing list: email@example.com
- Consultation: TBD
We will use Piazza for questions and discussions. In the forum, you can post questions (also anonymously) about homework tasks or course organization etc. And we can keep the discussion separate for different topics. You should all receive a welcome e-mail that invites you to piazza - don't ignore it and register there (it is sent to your address that is in the SIS). If you somehow don't get the e-mail you can register here (just mark that you are a student and press "Join Classes"). Then you have to fill some information about yourself, which is a little annoying, but do it anyway. The home page of the course forum is here and you can click on Q&A to get to the forum part. That's it.
Other courses at our institute:
- Courses: http://courses.cs.ut.ee/