This course is an obligatory course in the MSc of Computer Science (usually taken during the 1st semester). It is also highly advisable for other curricula like Cybersecurity and Software Engineering or specializations in interdisciplinary subjects like bioinformatics, statistics or mathematics.
Lectures (one or two every week, in total ca 24 lectures)
- Tuesday 10.15 - 12.00 Liivi 2 - 405 (Jaak Vilo)
- Thursday 10.15 - 12.00 Liivi 2 - 111 (Jaak Vilo)
Cancellations of lectures will be announced via the mailing list, forum and on the web.
Practice session (every week starting from week 2; select one of the three)
- group 1. Tuesday 12.15 - 14.00 J. Liivi 2 - 122 (Dmytro Fishman)
- group 2. Thursday 14.15 - 16.00 J. Liivi 2 - 202 (Joonas Puura)
- group 3. Tuesday 12.15 - 14.00 J. Liivi 2 - 206 (Joonas Puura)
Exam dates and times are:
- December 20, from 9:00 to 12:00, J. Liivi 2 - 122
- January 22, from 13:00 to 16:00, J. Liivi 2 - 403
- January 17, from 10:00 to 12:45, Narva mnt 18 (Delta) - long corridor on the second floor.
- Lecturer: Prof. Jaak Vilo firstname.lastname@example.org (room 215)
- Teaching assistants: Dmytro Fishman email@example.com (room 311) and Joonas Puura firstname.lastname@example.org, (room 314).
- Forum: Piazza
- Mailing list: email@example.com
- Consultation: Thursday 16.15 - 17.00 J. Liivi 2 - 512
We will use Piazza for questions and discussions. In the forum, you can post questions (also anonymously) about homework tasks or course organization etc. And we can keep the discussion separate for different topics. You should all receive a welcome e-mail that invites you to piazza - don't ignore it and register there (it is sent to your address that is in the SIS). If you somehow don't get the e-mail you can register here (just mark that you are a student and press "Join Classes"). Then you have to fill some information about yourself, which is a little annoying, but do it anyway. The home page of the course forum is here and you can click on Q&A to get to the forum part. That's it.
Other courses at our institute:
- Courses: http://courses.cs.ut.ee/