This course aims to be a general overview of algorithms, data structures, practical programming, heuristic search, etc. As such it is aimed as "equalizer" course for students coming from various backgrounds.
This course is an obligatory course in the MSc of Computer Science (usually taken during the 1st semester). It is also highly advisable for other curricula like Data Science, Cybersecurity and Software Engineering or specializations in interdisciplinary subjects like bioinformatics, statistics or mathematics.
Lecture/consultation: Tuesday 10.15 - 12.00 Delta - 1021 (Jaak Vilo, Kallol Roy)
(let's agree on this in the first lecture)
Main content of lectures has been pre-recorded and available online on Panopto.ut.ee
(every week starting from week 2; Registration via SIS/ÕIS ois.ut.ee )
- group 1. Tuesday 12.15 - 14.00 Delta - 1019 ( Ayushmat Soni )
- group 2. Thursday 14.15 - 16.00 Delta - 2034 ( Eduardo Brito )
- group 3. Friday 14.15 - 16.00 (Muhammad Uzair, Online only)
- Responsible Lecturer: Prof. Jaak Vilo email@example.com (Delta:3119)
- Teaching assistants:
- Kallol Roy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eduardo Brito email@example.com
- Ayushmat Soni firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muhammad Uzair email@example.com
Use Slack unitartucs-algorithmics and email for questions and discussions. See Lectures page. invite
Exam dates and times:
Hand out exam tasks on Dec xxth and submissions on January xxth
Plan is to have them as tasks, a bit similar to homeworks. There are certainly parts that can be achieved more easily and some that may take a bit more thinking to achieve. As the baseline passsing would require 50% points from exam. Challenge is always to come up with something that hopefully does not have readily available solutions on the Internet and where you actually learn yourself something useful and thus build confidence on what you can now achieve after this course. Clearly, the partial solutions are also solutions.
- Project final dates -
Other courses at our institute:
- Courses: http://courses.cs.ut.ee/