MTAT.03.305 Computer Graphics Seminar
- Seminars: Friday 14:15 - 15:45, Ülikooli 17 - 219
- Questions: Raimond-Hendrik Tunnel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mailing list: email@example.com
- Learning Environment: https://cglearn.eu
- Previous years: Fall 2017, Spring 2017, Fall 2016, Spring 2016, Fall 2015, Spring 2015, Fall 2014, Spring 2014
- Reels: Reel 2015, Reel 2016, Reel 2017
The seminar is aimed at students who want to learn and share computer graphics related topics. Those topics can be basic or advanced, depending on the student's previous experience and enthusiasm.
Requirements / Grading
To get a positive grade for the seminar the student will need to:
- Attend the seminars.
Attendance in at least 10 seminars is compulsory. If you have a problem with this requirement, we can come to some another personal agreement.
- Give a presentation.
You're required to give one seminar on a topic of your choosing (we're also giving out a list of topics if you have trouble finding one yourself). Presentation should explain your topic in a way that your fellow students in the seminar understand the main ideas behind it. You should also include examples of real world applications or you could provide a demo application yourself. We also encourage you to be creative, create a discussion and engage others in your topic. For example you could organize half of your seminar to be a workshop.
- Additionally, complete an optional programming project.
This seminar is a great opportunity for you to create some small demo project on the topic of your choosing. Or you could continue some other previously started project and integrate into it the knowledge acquired during this course. Doing a project also helps you to provide an interesting theme for your seminar presentation.
The organizational aspects will be explained on in detail on the first lecture, so it is highly recommended to attend it.