- 16.02.18: Introduction - organization
- 23.02.18: Shortened Workday (CGP presentations, no seminar)
- 02.03.18: Introduction - Geometry and Transformations (up to slide 34)
- 09.03.18: Introduction - Geometry and Transformations (+ next slides up to slide 25)
- 16.03.18: Introduction - Lighting and The Standard Graphics Pipeline
- 23.03.18: Shader Workshop (Handout, Tasks, Solutions)
- 30.03.18: Holiday - The Good Friday
- 06.04.18: Texturing – Rauno Näksi
- 13.04.18: Use Case Study: Ostriv – Viktor Mysko (PDF)
- 20.04.18: Procedural Generation – Kaarel Tõnisson (64KB video1, video2)
- 27.04.18: Rendering a Large Amount of Units – Silver Kirotar
- 04.05.18: Rendering in VR – Natia Doliashvili
- 11.05.18: Technology Behind the Microsoft RoomAlive Project – Luka Tsulaia
- 18.05.18: The CGVR Lab Field Trip
- 25.05.18: Project Demos (14:15 - 18:00)
Together with CGP students
- 01.06.18: Student Project Competition Presentations
Optional. No seminar
- 02.06 - 03.06.18: Thesis Defense Practice
Optional. Recommended for anyone desiring to defend a thesis
Rom 219, 11:00 - ...
 introductory topics - these include introduction to OpenGL and WebGL, standard graphics pipeline, vertex transformations, colors, lights and ray tracing.
- Rauno Näksi — Texturing, 06.04
- Viktor Mysko — Use Case Study: Ostriv, 13.04
- Kaarel Tõnisson — Procedural Generation, 20.04
- Silver Kirotar — Rendering a Large Amount of Units, 27.04
- Natia Doliashvili — Rendering in VR, 04.05
- Luka Tsulaia — Technology Behind the Microsoft RoomAlive Project, 11.05
- Khatia Kilanava — ???, ??.??
- Fodio Tureta Abubakar — ???, ??.??
Some arbitrary possible topics
- Color blending – What happens when there are transparent objects in your scene?
- Lighting models – What are the common models? Where and when are they used?
- Texturing – How can one sample from a texture? What kinds of artefacts may appear?
- Curves – Why are they important in CG? What about curved surfaces?
- Global illumination – Pick one or compare different methods: Radiosity, path tracing, photon mapping.
- Realtime realistic rendering – Provide an overview of the common methods or pick some effect (light, wetness, fog, fur / hair, skin) and find out how it's rendered realistically in real time.
- Non-realistic rendering – Where is it used and how is it achieved? Realtime vs prerendered?
- Tessellation – How can this be done in OpenGL 4?
- Post-processing effects – What effects are there? When and how are they used?
- Procedural generation (PCG wiki) – Where and how is it used? How to apply procedural textures to procedurally generated meshes?
- Physically-Based Shading – What is it? Why is it important to understand physical properties of materials for shading? What games / game engines use it?
- Rendering in VR – What extra considerations are in VR? How do different technologies overcome them?
- Vulkan – What can be done with it? Why is it useful? How to Vulkan?
- Subsurface scattering – What is it? How it is implemented? What does it solve?
- Reflections and caustics – What are the modern techniques, which do those?
- GLSL vs HLSL – What are the differences? How are both used?
- Use case study – Find out in detail how graphics are done in one game or movie.
- Motion capture – What are the difficulties today? Best budget setup for it?
- Modern GPU architecture – How are GPU-s built today? What are they optimized for? E.g. Vega, Kepler, Pascal.
- Graphics on consoles / smartphones – What limitations are there in consoles or embedded systems vs the PC? How to overcome them compared to the PC approach?