Data Mining - MTAT.03.183
The poster session will be held on Jan 8, 14:15-17:00 in the atrium of Paabel (Ülikooli 17). At least one person should be present from each team!
- Dec 18 at 10:15-13:00, room 111 (max 35 students)
- Dec 18 at 10:15-13:00, room 405 (max 25 students)
- Jan 16 at 10:15-13:00, room 403 (max 40 students)
- Jan 16 at 10:15-13:00, room 404 (max 40 students)
- Jan 16 at 10:15-13:00, room 405 (max 40 students)
The resit time for those who need it will be:
- Jan 29 at 10:15-13:00, room 405.
Consultations are on Thursdays and the first consultation is on 14th of September. Consultations are voluntary and can be used to come and ask questions, for example if you did not understand something in the lecture or what needs to be done in a particular task in homework.
- Lectures: Monday 10:15, Liivi 2-111
- Practice Sessions:
- Group 1: Monday 12:15 - 14:00 (402, Meelis)
- Group 2: Monday 14:15 - 16:00 (122, Mari-Liis)
- Group 3: Monday 12:15 - 14:00 (405, Dima)
- Group 4: Monday 14:15 - 16:00 (405, Dima)
- Consultations: Thursday 16:00-17:00, Liivi 2-405
- Note the change compared to what was announced in the first lecture!
- Course forum: Piazza
We will use Piazza for questions and discussions. In the forum you can post questions (also anonymously) about homeworks or course organization etc. And we can keep the discussion separate for different topics. You should all receive a welcome e-mail that invites you to piazza - don't ignore it and register there (it is sent to your address that is in the SIS). If you somehow don't get the e-mail you can register here (just mark that you are a student and press "Join Classes"). Then you have to fill some information about yourself, which is a little annoying, but do it anyways. The home page of the course forum is here and you can click on Q&A to get to the forum part. That's it.
- Homework submission and grades: Gradescope
You will be added to Gradescope using your e-mail address provided in the SIS. You can submit your homework pdf's there and also receive your grades.
- Lecturer: Meelis Kull (email@example.com)
- Teaching Assistants: Mari-Liis Allikivi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dmytro Fishman (email@example.com)
Grading and requirements:
The grade is calculated from the total number of points (max 100). The points can be earned as follows:
- Homeworks (44 points): there will be 11 homeworks, each worth 4 points;
- Group project and presentation at the poster session (20 points);
- Written exam (36 points);
- Additional points can be earned from bonus tasks within homeworks;
- Attending at least 8 out of 11 practice sessions is compulsory: after missing 3 practice sessions each additional missed practice session results in losing 5 points.
In order to pass the course the student must get at least 50% from homeworks (threshold 22 points), at least 50% from the project (threshold 10 points) and at least 50% from the exam (threshold 18 points).