Here I'm collecting some ideas for creating the tests:
- For each topic/lecture there will be a test created by one student (or group). The same student(s) will also collect answers and grade the results. The test must be presented to me 3 days before the seminar, for review and feedback.
- You can use anything to create the test – Google Form might be easiest to process later, but paper is OK too. Or Moodle, if you are into that kind of thing.
- The test must be based on lecture notes and/or lecture video/slides. The test shouldn’t expect you to read the supplementary articles for the topic. But we encourage you to do so for topics that seem interesting.
- The test should measure understanding of lecture material, so mini-tasks are welcome (like in Coursera quizes). The test will be open-book, so you can use lecture notes and everything on the web while taking the test.
- The test will be conducted during the class. There is no way to take the test later. You can miss some tests in the semester, but have to collect at least 60% of points from all tests.
- Grades will be scaled according to maximum points gotten for the test. So the person with max points will get 1, others will get proportionally less.
- For homework assignments the process will be different – somebody will present their homework during the class and then you have 3 days to send your homeworks to me. You have to submit ALL homeworks, you cannot miss one!