Stealth Game v2
The goal of this project is to optimize and improve last semester game called Stealth. Currently, it is game where you have to sneak around office without anybody seeing you and finally escape it. You can throw things to make noise and drink coffee. There are enemies who are trying to catch you. I am planning to optimize this game because right now it runs on my good laptop at about 15 fps. Also i am going to make it more like puzzle game.
- Optimize game so that fps is higher than 30 on my laptop
- Make more levels
- Make it more like puzzle game
- Different puzzle to solve
- Add more sounds
- Polish game
- Start refactoring project (3.5h)
- Organizing scene hierarchy (2h)
- Make every room into prefab(so that it is easy to add new rooms to the scene) (1.5h)
- Start optimizing lighting (4h)
- Read about lighting optimization (1h)
- Remove current lighting system (1h)
- Add emissive materials to act as lights (2h)
- Summary for Milestone 1 (1h)
Finished all tasks I planned for milestone 1.
- Refactoring project took a lot more time than planned.
- It took more than 7 hours of work.
- Previous scene hierarchy was total mess. There were no logic. Created new scene.
- Made every room from scratch and rooms are now prefab so it is easy to add new rooms.
- New scene isn't exact copy of prevoius one.
- Lighting optimization
- Lighting doesn't look as good as before
- FPS is a lot better than before. (15 fps -> 200 fps)
- Continue improving lighting (4.5h)
- Improve lighting quality (3h)
- Add light switches back to game (Broke them in milestone 1) (1.5h)
- Level design (4h)
- Plan first level (layout, start, finish, enemies locations, ...) (2h)
- Implement first level plan (2h)
Finished all tasks I planned for milestone 2.
- Improving lighting quality took a lot more time than expected (over 7h). That was because unity didn't like me and baked lighting extremely slow.
- Lighting. Walls and floors are static. Objects use light probes.
- Fixed some bugs and made some more bugs :D
First level initial plan
Lightswitch and lighting
- Continue improving lighting (1.5h)
- Player improvements (5h)
- Fix player's collision with other objects (1h)
- Try to improve player movement (2h)
- Add animations to player (2h)
- First level improvements (1h)
Finished all tasks I planned for milestone 3.
- Improved lighting (big room and coridors)
- Fixed collision (Player can't see through walls anymore :D)
- Fixed old animations
- Added 3 and half new animations (jump, pick up, drink, throw)
- Added some smooth transitions between animations (eg. jumping into crouching)
- Added more decorative objects into scene
Item pick up animation
- Add new gameplay mechanic (3h)
- Fix throwing (1h)
- Improve holding of bigger items like binder (1h)
- Improve UI (2.5h)
Finished all tasks I planned for milestone 4.
- Player character hold items properly
- Fixed item throwing
- Fixed animations (throwing, drinking and couple more)
- If player drinks coffee he become invulnerable.
- Blackout happens after coffee effect.
- Added available actions to UI
- Added buffs timer to UI
- Improve blackout effect (2h)
- Try to make player's character camera better (1.5h)
- Make light switches visible in darkness (0.5h)
- Add objectives to UI to guide players (1.5h)
- Add 1 new gameplay mechanic (2h)
Finished all tasks for milestone 5
- Improved blackout effect by using texture and sinus function
- Player can't see through player character
- Added little lights to light switches
- Added notes to world to guide players
- Added keypad to the elevator
- To escape you need know code
- Enemies doesn't chase player character when player character is on coffee
- Make windows and doors breakable (2h)
- Add 2 new gameplay mechanic (4h)
- Create main menu (2h)
Finished all tasks for milestone 6
- You can destroy windows, doors and monitors by throwing items at them
- Added flashlight to the game
- Added ibuprofenum to the game (deactivates coffee effect)
- Created main menu