Special Course in Machine Learning: M4 Regression Competition
Seminars: Tuesdays 16:15, at Liivi 2, room 224.
The first seminar is on the 20th February, the last one on the 29th May! No seminar on 6th March and 1st May.
Meelis Kull, firstname.lastname@example.org, Liivi 2, room 326
M4 Challenge https://www.m4.unic.ac.cy/ is a machine learning challenge with a long tradition. The M4-Competition is the continuation of three previous challenges organized by Spyros Makridakis (known as the Makridakis or M-Competitions) whose purpose was to identify the most accurate forecasting method(s) for different types of predictions. These competitions have attracted a great interest in both the academic literature and among practitioners and have provided objective evidence of the most appropriate way of forecasting various variables of interest.
In this course we will jointly take part in the M4 competition as one team.
This is a pass/fail course. In order to pass the course each student must:
- Attend the seminars and participate in discussions (expected total: 9 out of 13 seminars)
- Work in small teams to enhance our submission to the M4 competition
- Individually contribute to the code-base related to our submission
- Present the results of individual and team-work in the seminars
- Report the number of hours worked each week on this seminar (expected total: 3x26=78 hours)