Homework 4 (3 points)
- To be completed individually or in pairs
- Submit by 21 April at 10am as a PDF, Word or OpenOffice document, using the homework submission button (or a zip file including one file for each task). If you use Signavio to design the to-be process model, you are welcome to share the to-be process model with the lecturer using Signavio's model sharing feature.
This homework refers to the CVS pharmacy service improvement case study analyzed in previous homeworks.
We have seen in Homework 2 that the following are two major issues in the "as is" process:
- Orders are not ready when customers arrive to pick them up, for various reasons analyzed in homework 2
- Customers are often surprised to find out they have to pay more than expected for their prescription
- Propose changes to the prescription fulfillment process to address the above issues. Each change you propose should include a brief description of the change (what part of the process is being changed and how it is being changed) and a justification of the change (why do you believe this change would address this issue). In the justification of the change, you may refer to your previous issue analysis (homework 2) as well as the reengineering principles and/or the redesign heuristics introduced in the Process Redesign lectures.
- Write a "to-be" process model after applying the changes you proposed above. When designing the to-be process model, you may use the "as is" process model you designed for Homework 1 as a starting point, but you do not have to. You can design the "to-be" process model from scratch or take someone else's "as-is" process model as a basis.