CGVR VR Demo
Jelizaveta Kunetsova, Hugo Coutier (sprv. Madis Vasser)
[https://gitlab.com/jelizaveta_kuznetsova/cgvr-vrlab]*This repo is used starting from december so some commits are missing
The main goal was to try out cool things in VR in VRLab. We are going to add some new features to existing VR Delta project.
Here is Delta model in VR project
Implement first player features
In given project was mostly developed main VR character. So we added character (with two hands) with features of VR character. Now we can grab objects not only in VR. Also left hand is moveable forth and back so with it we can reach objects that is on the floor. And with right hand we can create balloon ourself. Unfortunatly we could not test does project still work in VR mode.
In the project was trigger with party mode when balloons fall from ceiling. Balloons were similar and we could kick them around. So we tried to:
- Create balloons with different colours (randomized) and kept university logo visible
- Make balloons grabable, but this also made them unkickable
- Pop balloons after five grabs
Some problems we had while doing this project:
- At first we tried to make another project, same as VR but with first player features, but after meeting with coach (Ats showed that VR and First Player are quite similar and how we can do it) we've done all in one, which we had from the beginning
- At start we could not properly adjust git repositories for projects because of large amount of files and large size of them. We came to try GitHub, but in the end GitLab with LFS was better (and actually free) and could deal with all files but still it take a lot of time to push to remote
- Project takes a lot of space (we were awared but still)