Links and References
CG in Other Universities
- Techspot's 3D Game Rdendering 101 article series.
- Jendrik Illner's (Ubisoft) article lists
- Computer graphics conferences: (here)
- Eric Arnebäck's MSc thesis, projects etc
- Many CG Techniques Examples
Blogs and Posts
- M.Goodfellow's blog
- The Devil In The Details blog
- Joshua Barczak's (advanced) blog
- Pixels and Voxels - Retronator Magazine (a great read about raster and vector graphics) - Medium post
- A Journey into Fractals - Medium post
- Fundamentals of Computer Graphics. – Peter Shirley, Steve Marschner (ESTER)
- The Algorithmic Beauty of Plants. – Przemyslaw Prusinkiewicz, Aristid Lindenmayer (PDF)
- Physically Based Rendering: From Theory to Implementation – G. Humphreys and M. Pharr (Web)
- Real-Time Rendering – T. Akenine-Moller, E. Haines, N. Hoffman (ESTER)
- Bézier and B-Spline Techniques – H. Prautzsch, W. Boehm, M. Paluszny (ESTER)
- The CGVR Lab's List of Literature
- Interactive Linear Algebra
- What are Color Spaces, Color Profiles and Gamma Correction?
- List of GI demos
Rendering in Games
- Anti-Aliasing - What Is It And Why Do We Need It?
- Volumetric Lighting - God Rays, Atmospheric/ Fog Rendering, & More Explained!
- Tech Review: Doom Eternal
- Control PC: Ray Tracing's Killer App?
Techquickie / As Fast As Possible
Basics & Color
- What is an API?
- How Do Vector Graphics Work?
- History of the Pixel
- How Colour Depth Affects Image Quality
- Monitor & TV Refresh Rates
- Resolution - Not Just a Number
API-s, Drivers and Hardware
- DirectX 12 & Vulkan
- What is a Codec
- CPUs vs GPUs
- GeForce vs Quadro
- History of GPUs
- Game Engines
- Why Don't Games Look Like Their Trailers?
- Why do Monitors Display Colors Differently?
- What is Simultaneous Multi-Projection?
- VR Headsets As Fast As Possible
- HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, and DVI
- Field of View (FoV) in Video Games
- Ambient Occlusion
- What is Anti Aliasing (AA)
- Different Types of Anti-aliasing
- What is Anisotropic Filtering (AF)
- Interlaced vs. Progressive Scan - 1080i vs. 1080p
- HDR or High Dynamic Range
- What is Ray Tracing?
- Computer Graphics playlist
- Nearest Neighbour & Bilinear Interpolation
- Bicubic Interpolation
- Video Game & Complex Bokeh Blurs
- Deep Learned Super-Sampling (DLSS)
- Making a physical Lissajous curve
- Why is TV 29.97 frames per second?
- Vector Graphics with Lasers
- Toroidal Vortex Comedy
- What are quaternions, and how do you visualize them? A story of four dimensions.
- Quaternions and 3d rotation, explained interactively + Interactive Tutorial
- Essence of Linear Algebra playlist
About Game Engines
- Does Math Describe Everything? – Sharkee
- Calculus & Slopes – Vi Hart
- Why Aren't Real-World Physics Equations Used In Video Games? – gameranx
- Beyond Turing – Ray Tracing and the Future of Computer Graphics - AdoredTV
- Ray Tracing and Other Rendering Methods – Andrey Lebrov
- Was RTX a Big Scam? – Performance & Image Quality Analysis – Linus Tech Tips
- The History of Video – Veritasium
- Mythbusters Demo GPU versus CPU
- The world's worst video card? (part 1)
- The world's worst video card? (part 2)
- Coding Adventure: Clouds – Sebastian Lague
- How this molecule makes vision possible - Steve Mould
- Why you can't take a good picture of a rainbow - Steve Mould
- How do non-euclidean games work? - Bitwise
- Beautiful Trigonometry - Numberphile
- If Your Eye was a Camera What Would the Specs be? - Corridor Crew
- VFX Artist Explains the HARDEST Visual Effect to Make - Corridor Crew