MTAT.03.315 Programming Patterns in Computer Games
- Practice sessions:
- Thursdays 18:15 - 19:45, Liivi 2 - 207.
- Margus Luik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raimond Tunnel (email@example.com)
- All course materials and practice sessions are in English.
- Unity (C#)
Passing the course
The final score is obtained as the sum of all points. Point score is then mapped to the F-A scale in the traditional manner (91% = A, 81%-90% = B, etc). There are no mandatory parts, as long as the points add up to a positive grade.
- Practice sessions
Each practice session is themed after as a task in game development. We will explore the problem and present how to apply certain design patterns to overcome this specific problem. In each practice session we will also have one or more exercises which have to be submitted for grading.
It is also possible to get assistance on the previous task, as you will have always two weeks to solve each task.
- Grading: Exercises from practice sessions will add up to 70% of the points.
- Deadlines: Practice exercises must be submitted within two weeks from the start of practice session they were given in.
- Most tasks can be solved and submitted in pairs.
- Bonus points
- It is possible to gain bonus points for exceptional solutions to practice exercises.
- Participating in APT Game Generator Ludum Dare game jam is worth 10 bonus points.