- Dates: August 15th-17th 2022 (Mon-Wed)
- Location: University of Tartu Delta Centre, Narva mnt 18
The Estonian Summer School in Computer and Systems Science is an annual international event for PhD and MSc students, postdocs, faculty members. ESSCaSS is promoting the interdisciplinary education of graduate students specialising in (but not limited to) computer science, systems science, software engineering, artificial intelligence, and bioinformatics. These schools carry an essential role in doctoral education in Estonia.
The main focus of this year’s ESSCaSS is on machine learning, responsible AI, calibration and fairness of machine learning, etc.
- Prof. Eyke Hüllermeier - Uncertainty Quantification in Machine Learning: From Aleatoric to Epistemic; and/or Preference Learning and Ranking.
University of Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München) (Linkedin, Scholar)
- Prof. Christoph Lampert - Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (homepage, Scholar)
- Assoc. Prof. Meelis Kull - Calibration and confidence in Machine Learning
Machine Learning, University of Tartu (Scholar)
- Prof. Raul Vicente - The brain through the lens of complex systems
Computational Neuroscience, University of Tartu (Scholar)
- Prof. Mark Fišel - Artificial Intellkience and Natural Language Processing
NLP Tartu, University of Tartu (Scholar)
- Assoc. Prof. Jaan Aru - The neural idea factory: How new ideas come about"
AI and Neuroscience, University of Tartu (Scholar)
- Marek Rei, PhD - TBC
Lecturer, Imperial College London (Homepage, Scholar)
- Prof. Tanel Tammet - On Common Sense
Appied Artificial Intelligence group, Tallinn University of Technology ( ETIS CV, Scholar)
There are "Student talks and Poster session" planned. The main aim of these activities is to get students actively involved in shaping the summer school. We hope that these sessions give them a possibility to improve their skills in presenting their topic, managing daily tasks more effectively, and sharing the most important information with each other.
One of the most valuable resources in life is the network of contacts you have! Thus, we have organised some social activities to stimulate mingling, getting to know each other, and exchanging your ideas.
Contacts: If You have any questions or problems regarding summer school, please contact us: