LTAT.05.005 Software Project (Tarkvaraprojekt)
- Lectures: Wednesdays, 10:15, Narva Mnt 18 - 1025 & online via BBB on Moodle
- Mentoring sessions: Wednesdays 12:15-16:00, online via BBB on Moodle (students can choose to attend their sessions of 13 and 20/9 in the meeting room 3087)
- Coordinators: Marinos Georgiadis, Kuldar Taveter
- Lecturer: Marinos Georgiadis
- Mentors: Marinos Georgiadis, NN (if necessary)
In this course, you will undertake a software development project in teams of four students. The course will be carried out as a mixture of lectures and private consulting sessions for the student teams. Each team will have a mentor who will advise and follow-up the progress of the team throughout the semester.
The aim of this project work is to give you hands-on exposure to contemporary software development practices and infrastructure, including rapid iterative development, version control, collaborative planning, issue tracking, test automation and continuous integration. You will be delivering software to a real customer with real requirements. Your task is to detail the requirements, create a plan for the development and delivery, and deliver accordingly. Your deliverables will be verified and validated both by the course coordinators and by the customer who proposed the project.