LTAT.05.025 Business Process Mining
This course will provide you an introduction to process mining techniques, including techniques for automated process discovery, conformance checking, performance analysis, business rules mining, and predictive process monitoring. In order to develop a mastery of these techniques, we will introduce concrete tools for process mining, including Apromore and various Python libraries, and we will apply these tools to answer business questions using real-life datasets.
- Anti Alman (firstname.lastname ät ut dot ee)
- Gamal Elkoumy
- Manuel Camargo
- Lectures and Practicals will take place on Mondays 14:15-15:45 and 16:15-17:45 respectively.
- The first six Lectures and Practicals will be online-only. The following lectures will be your choice between online and in-presence.
- For questions, please use the Slack Workspace
- Zoom links and also other information will be provided on the Slack Workspace
- Lecture and practice materials can be found trough the links on the left
- Homeworks and grading criteria are on the page Assessment
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- analyze business process event logs using process mining techniques;
- identify a suitable combination of process mining techniques to address a given business question;
- use a process mining tool at an intermediate level;
- explain how to use process mining techniques in conjunction with other data mining and business process analysis techniques.