Lectures take place on Tuesdays from 14:15 in Delta room 2046. The slides will be available on this page.
You should read the corresponding topic from CGLearn before the lecture.
- 05.09: Introduction to Computer Graphics | The CGVR Courses
- 12.09: Geometry and Vectors | Computerphile video
- 19.09: Transformations and the Matrix Stack | Computerphile video | Quiz
- 26.09: Frames of Reference and Projection | Computerphile video
- 03.10: Shading and Lighting | John Carmack, QuakeCon 2013
- 10.10: Textures and Sampling
- 17.10: Blending – Jaanus Jaggo | Computerphile video
- 24.10: Recapitulation
- 31.10: Modelling and Game Engines – Ats Kurvet
- 07.11: Curves and Splines | Numberphile video
- 14.11: Procedural Generation and Noise | The Happie Cat video
- 21.11: Ray Tracing and Space Partitioning
- 28.11: Global Illumination – Part 1 | Digital Foundry video
- 05.12: Global Illumination – Part 2
- 12.12: Shadows and Conclusion
- 19.12: Open mic!
- Hendrik Proosa – Lead Engineer from Trioscope Studios
The slides will have green question marks at discussion points and a few red exclamation marks at the paramount things. The lectures are for all of us to try and understand the material together. If you ever feel lost during the lecture, say so right away!
- Preliminary Math Tasks - Use your prior knowledge and skills from high school and higher math classes.
- Basic I Math Tasks - Use your the knowledge and skills learned during the first half of the course.
- Basic II Math Tasks - Use your the knowledge and skills learned during the second half of the course.