Responsible Lecturer: Stefania Tomasiello (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)
Teaching Assistant: Muhammad Uzair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The course starts with the introductory lecture on February 13, 2023. There will be no practice session during the first week.
About the course
The aim of this course is to introduce students to the main topics and some of the latest advancements in fuzzy logic and soft computing. The following topics will be covered during the course:
- Fuzzy sets
- Zadeh’s Extension Principle and fuzzy numbers
- Fuzzy relations
- Fuzzy logic
- Fuzzy-rule based systems/Fuzzy Inference Systems
- Essentials of Artificial Neural Networks
- A brief introduction to Genetic Algorithms
- Combining Artificial Neural Networks, fuzzy sets and evolutionary computations
- Least-squares based approaches
- Fuzzy regression
- Fuzzy transform and data compression
- Brief introduction to fuzzy decision making
- Brief introduction to granular computing
Non-differentiated (pass, fail, not present).
- 2 mini-tests (up to 12 points, no time constraints, no penalties),
- 1 homework assignment (up to 14 points),
- 1 short presentation (up to 14 points),
- final project (up to 30 points).
To pass: 51 points
Course announcements, study material and updates will appear in Moodle.