LTAT.05.005 Software Project (Tarkvaraprojekt)
- Lectures: Wednesdays, 10:15, online via BBB on Moodle
- Mentoring sessions: Wednesdays 12:05-TBD, online via BBB on Moodle
- Coordinators: Kuldar Taveter, Marinos Georgiades
- Lecturer: Marinos Georgiades
- Mentors: Marinos Georgiades, Faiz Ali Shah
In this course you will undertake a software development project in teams of four students. The coursework will be carried out as a mixture of lectures and private consulting sessions for the teams. Each team will have a mentor who will advise and follow-up the progress of the team throughout the semester.
The aim of this project work is to give you hands-on exposure to contemporary software development practices and infrastructure, including rapid iterative development, version control, collaborative planning, issue tracking, test automation and continuous integration. You will be delivering software to a real customer with real requirements. Your task is to detail the requirements, create a plan and deliver accordingly. Your deliverables will be verified and validated both by course organisers and by the customer who proposed the project.