Programming Languages Research Seminar
- ÕIS data: MTAT.03.271, 3 ECTS.
- Time: Thursdays 10:15-11:45.
- Place: Delta-1004 & Zoom (log into courses to see link).
- Language English.
- Contact: Kalmer Apinis.
- Zulip (log into courses to see link)
The seminar is in the form of paper discussions.
- You need to choose a RECENT paper from PLDI or POPL. See POPL'20, POPL'21, PLDI'20, or PLDI'21. Note that there are slides/videos of almost all POPL/PLDI talks.
- Choose an OLD paper (e.g., from RECENT-s references) that lays the foundation for the RECENT paper.
- Pick two available dates for your two required talks. (Register on Zulip!)
- Give a talk with slides on the OLD paper. Do not aim to be complete/reach the end of the paper.
- Give a talk with slides on the RECENT paper. Do not aim to be complete/reach the end of the paper.
- Approximate duration for talks: for BSc. 30 min, for MSc. 45 min, PhD 60 min.
- After every talk, all participants can give points to other participants. This is very important.
- Points were recorded. The final results:
- Sharing 1st place with 25 points: Simmo, Karoliine, Ott-Kaarel
- Sharing 4th place with 2 points: Vesal and Kalmer