Course Responsible / Lecturer:
- Dietmar Pfahl (dietmar.pfahl at ut dot ee) - room: 3007 (Delta)
- Kristiina Rahkema
Lab Supervisors (TAs):
- Ezequiel Scott (ezequiel dot scott at ut dot ee) -- coordinator of labs (not teaching)
- Alejandra Duque Torres
- Karoliine Holter
- Anna Talas
- Vimal Kumar Dwivedi
- Hina Anwar (back-up and coordinator of labs together with Ezequiel)
- Baseer Ahmad Baheer (back-up)
Lectures (begin in week 24 of the academic year, on 10-Feb-2022):
- Thursday 10:15 - 12:00, Narva mnt 18 - r1021 (Delta building)
Labs (practice learning; begin in week 26, on 22/23-Feb-2022):
- Group 1: Tuesday 10.15 - 11.45, Delta r2010 - TA: Alejandra Duque Torres
- Group 2: Tuesday 10.15 - 11.45, Delta r2034 - TA: Vimal Kumar Dwivedi
- Group 3: Tuesday 12.15 - 13.45, Delta r2010 - TA: Anna Talas
- Group 4: Tuesday 12.15 - 13.45, Delta r2034 - TA: Vimal Kumar Dwivedi
- Group 5: Wednesday 12.15 - 13.45, Delta r2010 - TA: Karoliine Holter
- Group 6: Wednesday 12.15 - 13.45, Delta r2034 - TA: Alejandra Duque Torres
- Quizzes are open after each lecture from Friday (9:30 am) to Monday (17:30 am). Quizzes are managed in Moodle.
- Exam 1: Thursday, 19-May-2022 at 10:15-11:55, in room r1021 via Moodle - capacity limit: 66
- Exam 2: Thursday, 26-May-2022, 10:15-11:55, in room r1021 via Moodle - capacity limit: 66
- Retake Exam (resit): Monday, 13-June-2022 at 16:15-17:55, in room r1022 via Moodle - Please note that you must register for the retake exam at the latest 3 days before the exam date. You must also register for one of the regular exams (i.e., exam 1 or 2).
Note: The exam duration is 100 min! In order to get started in time, please arrive a few minutes before the exam starts. More information about the exam can be found in the Assessment and Grades section.
Components of course grade:
- Active participation in labs and associated assignments/reports (homework) - work individually or in pairs (60% of course grade)
- Quizzes - individual (10% of course grade)
- Participation in final exam - individual (30% of course grade)
Admission requirements for exam:
- You must have at least 33% of the maximum possible marks of the homework assignments.
- You must be registered for the exam that you wish to take.
How plagiarism and cheating is handled:
Since 60% of the final grade depends on the homework assignments, it is important that you solve the homework problems independently. If we have a suspicion that complete solutions of homework assignments have been passed on to other students and then largely copied, then we inform you and allow you to clarify the issue in writing and in a follow-up face-to-face meeting. If you have passed on your work to course mates or you copied from your course mates' work, you will get a penalty. In addition, you will be reported to the Vice Dean Academic Affairs. This procedure applies also in the case of cheating during the final exam. The official university rules can be found here: https://ut.ee/en/content/academic-fraud
Latest News/Announcements: Check the Message Board
First lab sessions take place in week 26. Please make sure to attend the lab sessions for which you signed up in SIS. You can only change your lab after receiving consent from the lab supervisors of the affected lab groups (i.e., the one you want to leave and the one you want to join).
First lecture takes place on Thursday, 10-Feb-2022, at 10:15 in room 1021. First lab sessions take place in week 26 of academic year).