Welcome to ITS Course
- Wednesdays at 10:15, Delta 1008.
- First lecture on 7 Sep 2022.
- Please check the Lectures section to know how the session will be held (classroom, hybrid, or online).
- All the lectures and lab sessions will be recorded and available at the end of each session.
- Fridays at 10:15, Classroom 1008.
- First practice session on 9 Sep 2022.
- Please check the Practicals section to know how the session will be held (classroom, hybrid, or online).
- We suggest you check the lab material before attending the online sessions to take advantage of the lab session.
- Amnir Hadachi (email@example.com)
- Mozhgan Pourmoradnasseri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lab Assistant and TAs:
- Artjom Lind (email@example.com)
- Helen Tera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shan Wu (email@example.com)
'-Note: You will be added to Teams Group before the first lab session.'
' You can make an appointment by Email. '
This course aims to enlighten the importance of using information and communications technologies in transport through Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). The course will introduce the basic concepts and principles of systems integration and technology implementation applied to intelligent transportation systems. Moreover, the course will cover the key technologies in sensing, communication, and data management and techniques for system evaluation, including automatic vehicle location and identification, dynamic control systems, travel information systems, and incident detection systems. In addition, the course gives an overview of ITS products and services as well as economic, social, and environmental issues in ITS implementation.
This class will include but is not limited to the following topics:
- Introduction to ITS: definition, roles, and involvement.
- Advanced Traveler Information Systems (ATIS)
- Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS)
- ITS services: Advanced Public Transportation Systems (APTS), Commercial Vehicle Operation (CVO), etc
- ITS and technologies: Automated highway systems (AHS), Autonomous Vehicles, Intelligent Infrastructures, etc
- Critical ITS issues: ITS and security, ITS and safety, human factors, privacy, sustainability, etc
- The future of ITS