Programming Languages Research Seminar
- ÕIS data: MTAT.03.271, 3 ECTS.
- Time: Mondays 14:15-15:45 (starting February 8).
- Place: Zoom (log into courses to see link)
- Language English.
- Contact: Vesal Vojdani.
- Content curation: Vesal Vojdani and Kalmer Apinis.
This seminar is intended to introduce and involve students in research conducted at the Laboratory for Software Science. The seminar is mainly in the form of paper discussions. The reading schedule is set according to our research agenda. This semester we will follow two tracks. These will be interspersed so that presentations from each track occur every other week:
- Introduction to SMT-Based Program Analysis. For this, we will study select chapters from the Handbook of Model Checking.
- Machine Learning and Program Analysis (MaPA). We focus on topics at the intersection of machine learning and programming languages research.
- This is a research seminar intended for our Ph.D. students to present their work or get up to speed on literature essential to their thesis. We expect basic familiarity and interest in the field of programming languages, but of course, we will answer any questions the participants have.
- Students must select topics directly related to the seminar focus. This must be agreed upon with the content curators.
- To pass the course, students need to give a single well-prepared presentation.
Suppose you want to try the ideas out or want to do some practical work during this seminar. Well, we can register you to MTAT.03.272 (Programmeerimiskeelte uurimisprojekt / Special Assignment in Programming Languages). This provides an extra 3 ECTS credits for completing an independent task in the field of programming languages.