Computational Neuroscience Seminar (MTAT.03.292)
Seminars: Tuesday 14:15 @ BBB (log into courses to see link)
- Oriol Corcoll (email@example.com)
- Raul Vicente (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lab's website: http://neuro.cs.ut.ee
- Mail list: email@example.com
- Slack: neurocs.slack.com channel #course-cns-seminar.
About the course
The course is mainly addressed to the Master and Doctorate programs. Students interested in acquiring a perspective in modern neuroscience and computational neuroscience research are welcomed. We will cover advanced and recent papers in neuroscience and deep learning. Advanced research-level discussions are expected to ensure after each paper presentation. Depending on the number of participants each student will read 1 or 2 scientific articles and explain those articles to the others. Note that seminars will be recorded, if you have a problem with this let us know beforehand.
Topic focused seminar
The seminar will focus on a specific topic related to computational neuroscience. This semester we will discuss the topic of Continual Learning
This is a pass/fail course. During the course, you will collect points1. To pass you need to collect 70 out of 100 points:
- Presenting an article gives you 50 points multiplied by the score from the listener feedback (example: if listener feedback is 16 out of 20, then you get 50*0.8 = 40 points)
- Attending all seminars gives 20 points (~ 1.42 per seminar2)
- 30 points can be collected from the tests (answering all 4 questions correctly is worth ~2.1 points2)
1 Rescaling might occur.
2 Depends on the total number of seminars.