MTAT.03.229 - Enterprise System Integration
Coordinator: Ulrich Norbisrath (ulrich.norbisrath ät ut dot ee)
The objective of this course is to introduce principles and methods for designing, developing, integrating, and scaling enterprise information systems. The course introduces modern approaches to enterprise system integration in terms of componentization, containerization, dependency management, microservices, and continuous deployment. We will explore best practices and design patterns for large software systems in the enterprise integration context.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Scaling up an initial software prototype to a component based system with different components running on different resources
- Using docker for sandboxing applications, encapsulating dependencies, and simplifying installation and deployment
- Implement, run, deploy, and test enterprise applications using frontend, backend, and persistent databases
- Developing fat reactive web gui clients into your systems
- Understanding and practicing continuous deployment
- Refining best practices for large scale software development
- Driving large scale software design over the process of its lifecycle
- Applying the idea and core concepts of microservices and their related patterns into your own software development process
More updated information and a current syllabus are available in Moodle.