Bioinformatics Seminar (MTAT.03.242)
- Seminars: Mondays 16:15-17:45 @ Zoom (First meeting TBD)
- Contacts: Kaur Alasoo (kaur.alasoo [at] ut.ee)
- Zoom link: (log into courses to see link)
- This year's seminar will focus on single-cell RNA-seq data analysis.
- Learn to critically read and evaluate state-of-the-art bioinformatics research literature.
- Learn to compare competing computational approach to answer the same biological question. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches and the trade-offs involved.
- The seminar is meant to complement the Bioinformatics course thought in parallel. Students without previous background in bioinformatics are strongly recommended to also take the course.
- We will have one seminar per week. The date of the first seminar is TBD.
- In each seminar, we will discuss once chapter from the book together with additional relevant scientific literature (to be added to the Topics page).
- In each seminar, one student will lead the discussion on this week's chapter, but everybody is expected to read the material and participate in the discussion.
Requirements to pass the course:
The seminar is a non-differentiated course (pass/fail). You need to participate in at least 80% of the seminars and lead the discussion in one of the seminars.