Course Assessment Elements:
- 10 regular lab sessions with homework assignments (60% of course grade) – we recommend to work in pairs
- 10 best quizzes in Moodle (10% of course grade) - individual (2 attempts, 15 min each, allowed for each quiz)
- Written exam (30% of course grade) – individual
- Exam admission requirements: You must have at least 33% of the maximum number of marks from the homework assignments.
Further details about lab assignments are given in the Labs section.
Further details about quizzes are given in Moodle.
Exams (dates still subject to change):
- Exam 1: Thursday, 20-May-2021 at 10:15-11:55, online via Moodle - capacity limit: none
- Exam 2: Thursday, 27-May-2021, 10:15-11:55, online via Moodle - capacity limit: none
- Retake Exam (resit): Monday, 14-June-2021 at 16:15-17:55, online via Moodle - Please note that you must register for the retake exam at the latest 3 days before the exam date. You must also register for one of the regular exams (i.e., exam 1 or 2). -- The resit will not take place because no student registered for it.
Note: The exam duration is 100 min! In the SIS, the reserved time slots are 120 min to accommodate administrative tasks such as distribution and collection of exam materials. In order to get started in time, please arrive a few minutes before the exam starts. The exam will be done online in Moodle. The exam opens automatically and closes automatically. Make sure you have a stable online connection. The exam is open book / open laptop. You may use any materials you like but you are not allowed to communicate with another person during the exam.
How to fail the course:
- Not being admitted to the exam due to low number of marks in the homework assignments will result in the overall course grade 'F' (fail). In this case, no retake exam (resit) can be taken.
- Less than 33% of the maximum possible marks from the exam will result in the overall course grade 'F' (fail).
- Less than 50% of the maximum possible marks from homework assignments, quizzes, and exam will result in the overall course grade 'F' (fail).
Retake Exam (resit):
Please note that you must register for the retake exam at the latest 3 days before the exam date. Only students who fulfill the admission requirements for the exam and who either missed or failed the written exam (either exam 1 or 2) will be admitted. Not showing up to the regular exam is equivalent to "fail" if no medical certificate is provided.
- Example exams:
- Exam 2019 (Duration: 100 min)
- Exam 2018 (Duration: 100 min)
- Exam 2017 (Duration: 100 min)
- Exam 2016 (Duration: 100 min)
- Exam 2015 (Duration: 100 min)
- Exam 2014 (Duration: 100 min)
- In 2020, due to COVID-19, the exam was conducted in Moodle in a different set-up. In 2021, the same set-up as in 2020 will be used. More information will be provided in Lecture 14.
- The overview of marks for quizzes, homework assignments, and exams can be found in Moodle https://moodle.ut.ee/ (You must login with your student account and then go to the course LTAT.05.006)