Notice: On August 18, the university management recommended that lectures with 100+ students be conducted online. I will follow this recommendation and run the lecture online (as last year). The BBB or Zoom link for the virtual lecture will be posted in Moodle. I will create the Moodle page for the course before August 30. The practice sessions (labs) will be done in-class. Please go to the first lab for more instructions. I will also explain the set-up of the labs in my first lecture on September 3.
- Lectures: Fridays 10:15-12:00 - online via BBB link in Moodle.
- Coordinator and Lecturer: Dietmar Pfahl (dietmar.pfahl at ut dot ee)
- Lab Sessions & Supervisors: -- All labs in weeks 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15 are mandatory. Not attending the labs during the indicated weeks might result in a lower course grade. Details will be announced in the first lecture.
- Mondays 10:15-12:00, room 1022 (Lab Group 1: Vimal Kumar Dwivedi)
- Mondays 10:15-12:00, room 2010 (Lab Group 2: Baseer Ahmad Baheer)
- Mondays 12:15-14:00, room 1022 (Lab Group 3: Vimal Kumar Dwivedi)
- Mondays 12:15-14:00, room 2010 (Lab Group 4: Anna Talas)
- Tuesdays 10:15-12:00, room 1022 (Lab Group 5: Baseer Ahmad Baheer)
- Tuesdays 10:15-12:00, room 2010 (Lab Group 6: Vimal Kumar Dwivedi)
- Tuesdays 12:15-14:00, room 1022 (Lab Group 7: Baseer Ahmad Baheer)
- Tuesdays 12:15-14:00, room 2010 (Lab Group 8: Karoliine Holter)
- Thursdays 10:15-12:00, room 1022 (Lab Group 9: Alexandra Põllumäe)
- Course Outline: Please look up the entries in the Student Information System (SIS)
- Exam Dates: (Update on 28 Nov: Exams will be delivered online via Moodle. Due to COVID-19, you don't have to come to the Delta building and can take the exam from anywhere. Room 1037 will still be reserved for the exam in case you wish to sit in the Delta building! Attend Lecture 14 for details!)
- Exam 1: Friday, 07-Jan-2021 at 10:15-12:45 - room 1037. (limit: 100 students)
- Exam 2: Tuesday, 11-Jan-2021 at 14:15-16:45 - room 1037. (limit: 100 students)
- Re-take Exam: Friday, 21-Jan-2021 at 10:15-12:45 - room 2045.
- Week 21 -- The course has been successfully completed by 147 students out of 152 (unfortunately, 5 students did not qualify for the final exam). The grade distribution is as follows: A: 25 - B: 49 - C: 36 - D: 20 - E: 17.
- Week 2 -- The first week of lab sessions (beginning on Sep 6). Please make sure you know your lab group and go to the correct room. It is important that you attend the first lab as it is where you form/confirm your project teams and report team names and members to your lab assistants. . Project teams must have *three* members. All team members must be enrolled in the same lab (group). 4-person teams may only be formed in case the total number of students in a lab group is not a multiple of 3. 2-person teams may also be possible but you need the consent from your lab supervisor.
You are supposed to work with your own laptop. All students enrolled in the institute of computer science have the right to borrow an "IT academy laptop" for free. The online form for requesting an IT Academy laptop is here: http://www.cs.ut.ee/en/studying/laptops
- Week 1 -- The first lecture starts on Friday, 03-Sep-2021, at 10:15. The lecture will be delivered online (go to Moodle to find the BBB link).
- Week 1 -- There won't be Labs during the first week of the semester. The first labs (practice sessions) take place on Monday, 06-Sep-2021.