Welcome to ITS Course
- Wednesdays at 10:15, Delta 1019.
- First lecture on 8 Sep 2021.
The lectures will be held in a hybrid format: Face-to-Face + Live stream (and recordings). More details about the lectures are in the lectures section.
Please attend the lectures physically, only if you are fully vaccinated AND wear a mask!
- Fridays at 10:15, Online.
- First practice session on 10 Sep 2021.
The lab sessions will be held online (live stream) To take advantage of the lab session, we suggest you check the lab material before attending the online sessions.
- Lecturer: Mozhgan Pourmoradnasseri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lab Assistant: Artjom Lind (email@example.com)
Note: Forum will be available starting from the end of the second week
' You can take an appointment by Email.'
This course aims to enlighten the importance of the use of information and communications technologies in transport through Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). The course will introduce the basic concepts and principles of systems integration and technology implementation as applied to intelligent transportation systems. Moreover, the course will cover the key technologies in sensing, communication, and data management and techniques for system evaluation, including automatic vehicle location and identification, dynamic control systems, travel information systems, and incident detection systems. In addition, the course gives an overview of ITS products and services as well as economic, social, and environmental issues in ITS implementation.
This class will include but not limited to the following topics:
- Introduction to ITS: definition, roles, and involvement.
- Advanced Traveler Information Systems (ATIS)
- Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS)
- ITS services: Advanced Public Transportation Systems (APTS), Commercial Vehicle Operation (CVO), etc
- ITS and technologies: Automated highway systems (AHS), Autonomous Vehicles, Intelligent Infrastructures, etc
- Critical ITS issues: ITS and security, ITS and safety, human factors, privacy, sustainability, etc
- The future of ITS