The components of the project assignment follow what we cover in this course. As such, you are strongly encouraged to work on the project continuously alongside the course. For instance, when we have covered the business model canvas, you should do the canvas for the project assignment. Failing to do so, will result in a very stressful situation at the end of the course when you are short of time, many other deadlines to consider, and the project report to write. If you wait and start in the middle or end of the course, you will find it to be much more challenging than it needs to be. Furthermore, if you start in good time, we are available for discussions, but if you start late, we will not be as available. We have made one observation that we wish to share with you. Some groups feel it is more efficient if they divide the sections among themselves and each group member works on one part independently. We have noticed that such a strategy leads to fragmented reports of lower quality. All your arguments need to be well presented, discussed and consistent throughout the whole project report. The idea is for you to discuss the topics thoroughly and by so doing, learn from each other and find well-motivated and good solutions. This will help you individually when doing the exam. If the work is split, each member will learn some parts and find it challenging to do the exam.
With the rise of consumer awareness, increasingly more people wish to have specific diets. For instance, some with to be on a vegan diet, others might wish to cut sugar for a few months, while some may want to try LCHF diet. The variations are many but the struggle is the same i.e. to find the right products that comply with the desired diet. For instance, assume I want to buy organic food. While I am in a supermarket such as Rimi or Selver, how do I know what product is organic and what products have just a nice organic-sounding name? If I wish to have a gluten-free diet, I have to check every single food product and read the very small print about how much gluten it has. This takes time, is annoying, and I have to do all the research. It would be easier if I could just scan the product and know if it is what I want. Perhaps I could rate the product so to remember it for next time. The above are just examples. The main idea is to have a digital product that helps the customer find the right grocery products in an easy and feasible way according to their own dietary preferences.
Project Assignment Deliverables
- Basic business model canvas for the product; 2p
- Ideation and user research - description of the research process, results of the research. You are expected to carry out actual research (i.e. interviews with a few people, analysis of some specific data) to back up your proposed value proposition, not make things up; 3p
- Minimum viable product - a motivated list of basic features to satisfy early customers and help with further research; 2p
- Metrics - a motivated list of key metrics to track the success or failure of the MVP; 2p
- Requirements and UX, release plan - a motivated list of additional requirements for the final product, including proposals for UX improvements, organized into a release plan; 3p
- Risk management - analysis of potential risks related to the proposed release plan and how to mitigate them; 2p
- Discussion and some numbers indicating the financial viability of your proposal; 2p
- Visual description of the software product or service including wireframes, screenshots or link to a working prototype or mockup - you are free to choose whichever means you are the most comfortable with, these are the supporting materials for clarifying the concept of your product. 2p
In addition to the points listed above, 2 points are given for the overall presentation and consistency of the report.
We will discuss the reports at a final seminar. At the seminar, all group members are expected to be able to present, discuss, and answer questions about your report.