Global Digital Innovation Project
Global Digital Innovation Project (GDIP) is a project-based course. The students are presented with a project at the beginning of the semester on which they will work throughout the course.
The students work in international interdisciplinary project teams formed in cooperation with an international partner (inno.space, a design factory from Hochschule Mannheim, Germany). The teams apply design thinking and digital product management methods to solve the tasks presented by the partner companies.
GDIP is part of the Sandbox programme.
On successful completion of this course, students will able to:
- Turn a problem statement into a product vision.
- Develop a product strategy and corresponding metrics to assess success.
- Create and test product prototypes.
- Present the prototype to potential customers.
- Understand how to manage a product project in a real-life setting.
Coordinator: Anne Jääger (anne dot/punkt jaager ät ut dot/punkt ee)
Structure and Assessment
The course is held weekly on Thursdays, 16:00-18:00, starting October 1.
This course is pass/fail. A student passes the course if he/she:
- Speaks out and participates in discussions in seminars
- Explains one's role in the project
- Analyzes what has been done in different stages of the project
- Applies design thinking process in the analysis
- Applies various methods of design thinking process during the project
If you have questions about the course, please write directly to kateryna dot/punkt kubrak ät ut dot/punkt ee or maria dot/punkt laanelepp ät ut dot/punkt ee. During the course, we will use Slack for communications.