Programming Languages Research Seminar
- ÕIS data: MTAT.03.271, 3 ECTS.
- Time: Thursdays, 12:15 - 13:45
- Place: Liivi 2-511.
- Language English.
- Contact: Vesal Vojdani.
- Content curation: Kalmer Apinis, Härmel Nestra and Vesal Vojdani.
This seminar is intended to introduce and involve students in research conducted at the Laboratory for Software Science. The seminar is mainly in the form of paper discussions. The reading schedule is set according to our research agenda, but students may also nominate papers from the Harvard seminar on Advanced Topics in Programming languages.
- You need to read each week's paper in enough detail to meaningfully participate in the class discussions. See the schedule for the list of topics.
- You should be prepared to lead at least one of these discussions; this paper you should have mastered completely to explain all its details. You may consult with us before to make sure you understand it all.
- That's all! Since reading & participation is the only requirement, I expect you will do your best to engage with the weekly reading material. Read this note about reading papers from the Harvard course. It applies to this course as well.
If you want to try the ideas out, or maybe you just want do some practical work during this seminar. Well, we can register you to MTAT.03.272 (Programmeerimiskeelte uurimisprojekt / Special Assignment in Programming Languages). This provides an extra 3 ECTS credits for completing an independent task in the field of programming languages.