The assessment of this course is divided into two components:
- Practical Assessment, performed throughout the semester (labs)
- Conceptual Assessment, performed at the end of the semester (exam).
List of marks and grades:
- The overview of marks for homework assignments as well as the overall course marking can be found in Moodle https://moodle.ut.ee/ -- You must login with your student account and then go to the course LTAT.05.003.
- Note: according to the rules announced in the first lecture (and outlined below) an individual penalty is applied, if a student attends less than four assessment sessions.
- Note: According to the grading rules, students with less than 30 marks from the homework assignments (labs) have failed the course and will not be admitted to the exam.
Marks of Exam 1 (as of 14-Jan-2020):
- Students in room 403: Exam1Marks-ID-201901yy-r403-pdf
- Students in room 404: Exam1Marks-ID-201901yy-r404-pdf
- Students in room 405: Exam1Marks-ID-201901yy-r405-pdf
Marks of Exam 2 (as of 20-Jan-2020):
- Students in room 403: Exam2Marks-ID-201901yy-r403-pdf
- Students in room 404: Exam2Marks-ID-201901yy-r404-pdf
- Students in room 405: Exam2Marks-ID-201901yy-r405-pdf
Marks of Re-take Exam (as of 27-Jan-2020): Exam3Marks-ID-20190127-pdf
The Practical Assessment will be obtained as follows:
- 10 points per lab session. Total = 70 points. See below for details on how the lab sessions are graded.
Please note the following rules:
- As a baseline, it is understood that all members of a group get the same (identical) marks for their contribution to homework assignments - which are evaluated by the lab supervisors based on the inspection of the products/reports delivered and the performance in the evaluation sessions.
- If a lab supervisor notices that a group member is not actively contributing to the group's performance (either regarding the products/reports delivered or during the evaluation sessions), the supervisor will first investigate into this matter. If their is enough evidence that one or more members of a group are not actively contributing (e.g., they almost never show up during an evaluation session, or they regularly cannot explain to the supervisor what they contributed, or the contribution is clearly negligible), the supervisor can deviate from the rule of equal marking for all group members and subtract marks on an individual basis.
- All members of a group are expected to attend (at least) the assessment sessions (labs). If it happens that no member of a group shows up in a scheduled evaluation session, the group will receive 0 marks for the corresponding assignment, no matter what the group finally submits.
- In order to avoid free riders the lab supervisors will check who is present during the assessment labs. In total, we have 7 assessment labs. These labs are mandatory. A student must be present in at least 5 out of 7 labs to not get an individual penalty on the total number of marks at gained by a team during the course. The penalty on the overall amount of marks of a team is calculated as follows:
- Student is present in only 4 assessment labs: -10% penalty
- Student is present in only 3 assessment labs: -20% penalty
- Student is present in only 2 assessment lab: -30% penalty
- Student is present in only 1 assessment lab: -40% penalty
- Student is never present during assessment labs: -50% penalty
If you get less than 30 out of 70 points in the practical assessment, you will get a grade of 'F' in your first examination. In this case, you will be given a second chance to improve your practical assessment score. If your score after the second try is at least 30 out of 70, you will become eligible for a retake exam (korduseksam).
The Conceptual Assessment will consist of an exam worth 30 points. Students who get less than 10 out of 30 in this exam, will get a grade of 'F', regardless of their Practical Assessment score. This same rule will apply for the resit (korduseksam).
Final Score and Grade
The scores of the Practical Assignments and the Exam will be added. This cumulated score will be translated into a grade between A and F according to the standard university scale:
- A: >=90 .. 100
- B: >=80 .. <90
- C: >=70 .. <80
- D: >=60 .. <70
- E: >=50 .. <60
- F: 0 .. <50