- 07.09.18: Introduction - Organization
- 14.09.18: Introduction - Geometry and Transformations
- 21.09.18: Introduction - Shading and Lighting
- 28.09.18: Introduction - Shaders Workshop (Handout, Tasks)
Student PresentationICS Day
- 12.10.18: Specialist: Jaanus Jaggo developer of GroundForge, TribocalypseVR inter alia.
- 19.10.18: The CGVR Lab Field Trip
- 26.10.18: Post-Processing Effects - Viktor Mysko (pdf)
- 02.11.18: Specialist: Ats Kurvet from ExteriorBox
- 09.11.18: CPU vs GPU - Stanislav Belogrivov (pdf)
- 16.11.18: Use Case Study: Coco - Diana Grygorian (pdf)
- 23.11.18: Specialist: Hendrik Proosa from Kaldera (slides)
- 30.11.18: Motion Tracking - Markos Leemet
- 07.12.18: Reinforcement Learning in Games - Mahir Gulzar (pdf)
- 14.12.18: Modern GPU Architecture - Ismayil Tahmazov (pdf)
- 21.12.18: Project Presentations (14:15 - 18:00)
Together with CGP students
 introductory topics - these include introduction to OpenGL and WebGL, standard graphics pipeline, vertex transformations, colors, lighting and shading models.
- Viktor Mysko - Post-Processing Effects, 26.10
- Stanislav Belogrivov - CPU vs GPU, 09.11
- Diana Grygorian - Use Case Study: Coco, 16.11
- Markos Leemet - Motion Tracking, 30.11
- Mahir Gulzar - Reinforcement Learning in Games, 07.12
- Ismayil Tahmazov - Modern GPU Architecture, 14.12
- Jaan Õmblus — Financial Data Visualization, 02.11
Some arbitrary possible topics
- Color blending – What happens when there are transparent objects in your scene?
- Lighting models – What are the common models? Where and when are they used?
- Texturing – How can one sample from a texture? What kinds of artefacts may appear?
- Curves – Why are they important in CG? What about curved surfaces?
- Global illumination – Pick one or compare different methods: Radiosity, path tracing, photon mapping.
- Realtime realistic rendering – Provide an overview of the common methods or pick some effect (light, wetness, fog, fur / hair, skin) and find out how it's rendered realistically in real time.
- Non-realistic rendering – Where is it used and how is it achieved? Realtime vs prerendered?
- Tessellation – How can this be done in OpenGL 4?
- Post-processing effects – What effects are there? When and how are they used?
- Procedural generation (PCG wiki) – Where and how is it used? How to apply procedural textures to procedurally generated meshes?
- Physically-Based Shading – What is it? Why is it important to understand physical properties of materials for shading? What games / game engines use it?
- Rendering in VR – What extra considerations are in VR? How do different technologies overcome them?
- Vulkan – What can be done with it? Why is it useful? How to Vulkan?
- Subsurface scattering – What is it? How it is implemented? What does it solve?
- Reflections and caustics – What are the modern techniques, which do those?
- GLSL vs HLSL – What are the differences? How are both used?
- Use case study – Find out in detail how graphics are done in one game or movie.
- Motion capture – What are the difficulties today? Best budget setup for it?
- Modern GPU architecture – How are GPU-s built today? What are they optimized for? E.g. Vega, Kepler, Pascal.
- Graphics on consoles / smartphones – What limitations are there in consoles or embedded systems vs the PC? How to overcome them compared to the PC approach?