- Dates: August 19th-23th 2018 (Sun-Thu)
- Location: Roosta Holiday Village, Estonia, map
The Estonian Summer School in Computer and Systems Science is an annual international event for PhD and MSc students, postdocs, faculty members. ESSCaSS is promoting the interdisciplinary education of graduate students specialising in (but not limited to) computer science, systems science, software engineering, artificial intelligence, and bioinformatics. These schools carry an essential role in doctoral education in Estonia.
- Prof. Pablo Duboue - Natural Language Generation: Traditional Approaches and Research Directions
- Prof. Gavin Brown - Ensemble methods in machine learning, feature selection in machine learning.
- Prof. Giuseppe De Giacomo - Reasoning About Actions: From Automata to LTLf/LDLf Synthesis and Planning
Guest talks on spotlight topics
- Vahur Puik – Historic Estonia on a modern “Streetview” Ajapaik.ee
- Tõnu Esko - Genomics and Personalised Medicine
- Arnis Paršovs - Estonian ID Card and Recent Security Issues
There is a session planned for Student talks, Poster session, Lightning talks, training on debating and debate itself. The main aim of these activities is to get students actively involved in shaping the summer school. We hope that these sessions give them a possibility to improve their skills in presenting their topic, managing daily tasks more effectively, and sharing the most important information with each other.
One of the most valuable resources in life is the network of contacts you have! Thus, we have organised some social activities to stimulate mingling, getting to know each other, and exchanging your ideas. You can visit an adventure park or play mini-golf on Tuesday and join sauna daily.
Contacts: If You have any questions or problems regarding summer school, please contact us: