Practice sessions will be composed of three parts:
- First we will give a short overview of the main mistakes and tricky parts of the previous homework. A longer description of typical mistakes will be published in the forum so you can read about it more in depth.
- Secondly, we are going to solve some exercises and/or discuss some theoretical aspects that should help you to better understand the concepts that are needed for solving the homework.
- In the last part of the session you can ask questions about the current homework. Since we publish the homework one week before the practice session, you have had time to go through it. You can use this time to ask questions about the confusing/difficult parts.
The work schedule for homeworks is the following:
- You will receive the new homework and background reading material one week before the practice session. We strongly advise you to work through the background material (it is really helpful!) and start solving the homework or at least go through the tasks.
- In the session you can ask questions about the homework. This is most useful if you have started solving the homework - in that case you probably have more questions and the practice session is more useful for you!
- After the session you have time to submit until Tuesday 23.59. We strongly advise you to submit it sooner (at least a day or two) so you have time to start working on the new homework that will be discussed in the next practice session.
To summarise, you have 2 weeks for each homework, but these weeks are overlapping, so each week you have to submit the old homework and start a new one. Practice sessions are in the middle of this 2 week cycle to help you overcome problems you have while working on the homework.
We invite you to use the forum if you are struggling with some task. We also encourage you to answer questions yourselves to help each other out since the instructors might not always be able to answer as quickly as you would. But be reminded not to give the answer to the task but rather hint in the correct direction. :)
The deadline for the homeworks is on Tuesdays at 23:59 (midnight). Please zip back all the files you downloaded for the homework and send it back to us in the corresponding form at the end of this page.
The deadline is strict.
We will cover the potentially tricky parts of the HW in the next week's practice or in some other way after the respective deadline, so submitting late would mean you can benefit from the explanations, hints, solutions given. Therefore, logically, it is not possible to accept late submissions.
Grades for the homeworks are available here. Note that in compliance with GDPR we use randomly generated pseudonyms, rather than your SIS student IDs. To find out your student pseudonym, please go to the My Data page.
To check what the tasks looked like last time we held the course (and get an estimate of what difficulty level to expect): check here.