You are in charge of gravity! Rotate the level to bypass obstacles and enemies.
List of features
Features of our MVP:
- Player can move and jump.
- Gravity's direction can be changed. Player is impacted by it.
- Basic level where player can play around.
- Level includes spawn and goal for the player to reach.
- Spikes that make the player respawn on collision.
- Pause menu.
List of features:
- Fixed a bunch of bugs with the rotation.
- Added sounds for jumping, dying, winning, spawning and rotating.
- Added main menu, improved the pause menu and added UI for finishing the level.
- Made the first level.
- Added Crate object, which makes the game/level more interesting.
Our team had to review the game “Goalrunner”. Here are a few suggestions that we thought up after playing the game. Keep in mind that this game was tested using the uploaded game on their itch.io page, which was in the state of milestone 2.
- At the moment pressing “Load Game” on the main menu exits the game and pressing “Exit Game” does nothing, that should be fixed.
- The coin counter could be a bit more in the edges of the screen, not so near to the gameplay.
- A really big problem is the broken hitboxes. Even if the shooting enemy’s projectile is far below you, it still kills you. This makes beating the game (at this stage) impossible as the last shooting creatures bullet is unavoidable.
- At times the projectile movement of the ball is kind of weird, sometimes it moves forward a lot but at other times it just stays on the ground below you. Maybe try and make it a bit more consistent.
- At the moment it seems that shooting the ball really isn’t a viable strategy, even though it should be because kicking the ball is a big part of the game idea.
- Moving backwards should maybe rotate the character as well and still have animations.
- When moving with arrow keys, the animations are there, but with wasd they aren’t. Not really a criticism but just something to keep in mind.
- In the wiki it is written that after collecting 7 coins you could pull back the ball as a special ability, but it didn’t seem to work or at least there are no instructions on how to use it.
List of features
- 4 levels total, inlcuding a tutorial.
- Checkpoint system
- Collectible coins. Progress is saved with activating checkpoints.
- Most interactions have sound. Background music in levels.
- Couple of particle effects (when spawning for example).
- One moving enemy. Movement is impacted by gravity's direction.