Program - practicum 5 (14.12)
This week you should start working on the code of your project. The program has to be released before practicum 5. During practicum 5 you will have to show and explain your program to the instructor (not to the whole class). This means that you have to attend the practical session in order to get the points for the project! The submitted project files are not the only criteria for the project evaluation. You should also be able to present the release in a clear and short way, definitely under 5 minutes.
Please make sure that the presented program meets all the requirements:
- The program must have a simple graphical design (use tkinter, easygui etc.).
- The program must read data from a file or write data into a file.
- The program must contain a list, a dictionary, a tuple or a set (for getting maximum points, the program must contain a nested data structure).
- The program must contain a (nested) loop, a function, and a conditional statement.
Keep a track of working hours spent on the project and submit the report in a separate file together with the project (the workload has to be at least 10h).
Some guidelines how the presentation should look like:
- Be prepared to present your program within 5 minutes (less is even better - the shorter and clearer you talk about it, the more you convince us that you have understood what you have done).
- Rehearse talking about the project at home a few times. It will master your presentation.
- Presentation should start with a small demo of your program, showing what it does and how to use it.
- Then briefly explain how the program is built up (what/where/why the functions, data structures, if's and loops are used). Note that you don't have to explain each and every line of the program!
Last but not least, the project presentation session (week 5) is no longer a place where to ask for help and say that you didn't know how to do something. All problems regarding the project have to be solved before the practical session. Ask for help before the presentation!
Have fun finishing your projects!