Task 1 - Celsius-Fahrenheit converter
- Create an application that converts user-entered Celsius values to Fahrenheit and vice versa.
- Use EditText to get user input ( setText() and getText() methods of EditText are helpful) (1pt)
- Use Click listeners to make the application interactive (1 pt)
- The application must define different XML layouts for portrait (norma) and landscape modes. ( 1.5 pts)
- Portrait mode should be defined with LinearLayout
- Landscape mode should be defined with ConstraintLayout
Feel free to be creative about the exact design of the UI. Images are only provided as a reference
Task 2 - Observing lifecycle methods (1.5 pt)
Override the onPause, onResume, onStop, onDestroy methods as discussed in the lecture. With the help of logging, answer these questions:
- Which of the methods are called & in which order when:
- Changing device orientation
- Hitting the home button and returning to the application
- Hitting the back button and re-opening the application
- What happens to the EditText and TextView elements in each of these 3 cases (assuming the user has already performed one conversion).
Write your answers as a comment to the submission