Assignments (20 points)
The goal of the assignments is to incrementally build a system to support the process of hiring construction equipment (plant hire).
The system will be built in a series of assignments listed below (deadlines at 16:00 EET, on dates shown between brackets).
- (23.02) Domain model & persistence layer (Rentit) - 2 points
- (09.03) Application services & Presentation layer (Rentit) - 2 points
- (16.03) Plant Catalog & Purchase Order REST API (Rentit) - 2 points
- Hypermedia REST, Procurement process (Buildit)
- (23.03) Milestone 1 - 1.5 points
- (30.03) Milestone 2 - 1.5 points
- (06.04) REST API design - 2 points
- (20.04) Front-end development with Angular (Plant hire request) - 3 points
- (04.05) Invoicing - 3 points
(There is no assignment associated with the practical session on role-based access. However, role-based access is one of the technical requirements of the project)
- Start of Project:
Project (20 points)
The project is an extension of the assignments and can be completed using the same teams you formed to complete the assignments.
Use the spreadsheet availabe here to publish the information about RentIt's Sales/Inventory enpoint (IP address, port and updated API documentation).
NOTE: Use the spreadsheet available here to publish URLs to API spec (apiary) and Docker image -- Deadlines: May 4 (3 points) May 6 (1.5 points)
The project deliverables are a working system, a report and an oral presentation (including live demo). The report should be submitted here.
Policy for late submissions
- Assignments are due on the dates shown next to each assignment number. Assignments must be completed by 16:00 on the due date. Assignments submitted up to 48 hours late will receive a penalty of -20%. Assignments submitted more than 48 hours late will not be considered for grading.
- The project is due on the date shown in the Project Specification. No late submission of the project is allowed, barring cases of force majeure.