Assignments (20 points)
The goal of the assignments is to incrementally build a system to support the process of hiring construction equipment (plant hire).
The system will be built in a series of assignments listed below (deadlines at 16:00 EET, on dates shown between brackets).
- (23.02) Domain model & persistence layer (Rentit) - 2 points
- (09.03) Application services & Presentation layer (Rentit) - 2 points
- (16.03) Plant Catalog & Purchase Order REST API (Rentit) - 2 points
- Hypermedia REST, Procurement process (Buildit)
- (23.03) Milestone 1 - 1.5 points
- (30.03) Milestone 2 - 1.5 points
- (06.04) REST API design - 2 points
- (13.04) API design & Test mocks - 1 points
- (20.04) Front-end development with AngularJS (Plant hire request) - 2 points
- (27.04) Docker - 2 points
- (04.05) Invoicing - 2 points
- (11.05) Async processing - 2 points
(There is no assignment associated with the practical session on role-based access. However, role-based access is one of the technical requirements of the project)
- Start of Project:
Project (20 points)
The project is an extension of the assignments and can be completed using the same teams you formed to complete the assignments.
The project deliverables are a working system, a report and an oral presentation (including live demo). The report should be submitted here.
Policy for late submissions
- Assignments are due on the dates shown next to each assignment number. Assignments must be completed by 16:00 on the due date. Assignments submitted up to 48 hours late will receive a penalty of -20%. Assignments submitted more than 48 hours late will not be considered for grading.
- The project is due on the date shown in the Project Specification. No late submission of the project is allowed, barring cases of force majeure.