- 13nd of September 14:15 Liivi 2-512: Kick-off seminar
- 20th of September 16:30 Estonian time: Topic confirmation
- 15th of October 23:59 Estoninan Time: Deadline for the first draft
- 12th of November 23:59 Estonian Time: Deadline for the second draft to be submitted for reviewing
- 26th of November 23:59 Estonian time: Deadline for reviews
- 15th of December 23:59 Estonian time: Final version of the project report
To confirm a topic send me (
firstname.lastname@example.org) an email where you tell me the topic and a supervisor.
The first draft is a 3-4 page long PDF file with the full problem description and initial research plan. By reading it it should be clear what is the problem you are trying to solve, what kind of methods you are trying to apply and it should contain a clear criterion for the success.
This draft should be 80% feature complete so that your fellow students could review it and give a useful feedback. It should be 6-10 page PDF file that contains all your findings and initial results of your experiments.
The final report should be written using The offical ACM Proceedings Format. The length of the report should range from 4 to 10 pages. If you have really large illustrations then the report can be longer. Please add a subtitle "Limited access" if you report is not public by default and mention it also in the letter. Note that document templates exist for LaTeX and Word! For Lyx fans there is also a Lyx template. Please submit the final report as a PDF file. If your work is confidential then add subtitle restricted access so that I could not guess it. If you worry that Google indexes your work, then do one of the following:
- Make the PDF binary (remove easily extractable text)
- Print the work out and scan it in without OCR
All non-confidential works will be made downloadable in the course page