Most if not all of the recent research can be accessed free via University of Tartu Library (http://utlib.ut.ee/), which offers access to many of the prominent research databases. Some of the databases require you to connect via UT Network. This would mean that you need to 1) connect to UT VPN (https://wiki.ut.ee/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17105590), and 2) use the ezProxy provided by UT Library (https://utlib.ut.ee/wifi).
- Luhn, H. P. "A Business Intelligence System", IBM Journal of Research and Development, Volume 2, Issue 4, 1958, pp. 314-319, doi: 10.1147/rd.24.0314.
- Visinescu, Lucian L., Mary C. Jones, and Anna Sidorova. "Improving Decision Quality: The Role of Business Intelligence." Journal of Computer Information Systems 57.1 (2017): 58-66.
- Olszak, Celina M. "Toward better understanding and use of Business Intelligence in organizations." Information Systems Management 33.2 (2016): 105-123.
- Gupta, Babita, Michael Goul, and Barbara Dinter. "Business Intelligence and Big Data in Higher Education: Status of a Multi-Year Model Curriculum Development Effort for Business School Undergraduates, MS Graduates, and MBAs." Communications of the Association for Information Systems 36.1 (2015): 23.
- Shen, Cheng-Che, et al. "How business intelligence maturity enabling hospital agility." Telematics and Informatics 34.1 (2017): 450-456.
- Anderson-Lehman, R., Watson, H.J., Wixom, B. y Hoffer, J.A. "Continental Airways Flies High with Real-time Business Intelligence" (2004)
- Berlanga, Rafael, et al. "SLOD-BI: An Open Data Infrastructure for Enabling Social Business Intelligence." International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining (IJDWM) 11.4 (2015): 1-28.
- Shollo, Arisa, and Robert D. Galliers. "Towards an understanding of the role of business intelligence systems in organisational knowing." Information Systems Journal (2015).
- de Jager, Tiaan, and Irwin Brown. "A Descriptive Categorized Typology of Requisite Skills for Business Intelligence Professionals." Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists. ACM, 2016.
- Bimonte, Sandro, Michel Schneider, and Omar Boussaid. "Business Intelligence Indicators: Types, Models and Implementation." International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining (IJDWM) 12.4 (2016): 75-98.
- Larson, Deanne, and Victor Chang. "A review and future direction of agile, business intelligence, analytics and data science." International Journal of Information Management 36.5 (2016): 700-710.
- Ahmad, Azizah, et al. "Business Intelligence Healthcare Model: Getting the Right Requirements for Malaysian Rural Citizens." International Journal of Supply Chain Management 5.4 (2016): 139-147.
- Wang, Chih-Hsuan. "A novel approach to conduct the importance-satisfaction analysis for acquiring typical user groups in business-intelligence systems." Computers in Human Behavior 54 (2016): 673-681.
- Audzeyeva, Alena, and Robert Hudson. "How to get the most from a business intelligence application during the post implementation phase? Deep structure transformation at a UK retail bank." European Journal of Information Systems 25.1 (2016): 29-46.
- Weng, Sung-Shun, et al. "Modeling the prediction of business intelligence system effectiveness." SpringerPlus 5.1 (2016): 737.
- Fink, Lior, Nir Yogev, and Adir Even. "Business intelligence and organizational learning: An empirical investigation of value creation processes." Information & Management 54.1 (2017): 38-56.
- Yeung, Vivien, et al. "Method And System For Providing Business Intelligence Data." U.S. Patent Application No. 15/092,827.
- Chongwatpol, Jongsawas, and Jongsawas Chongwatpol. "Managing big data in coal-fired power plants: a business intelligence framework." Industrial Management & Data Systems 116.8 (2016): 1779-1799.
- Al-Aqrabi, Hussain, et al. "Cloud BI: Future of business intelligence in the Cloud." Journal of Computer and System Sciences 81.1 (2015): 85-96.
- Martin Kowalczyk, Peter Buxmann, Jörg Besier: Investigating Business Intelligence And Analytics From A Decision Process Perspective: A Structured Literature Review. ECIS 2013: 126 (Download available at http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~Vlaan107/ecis/#BIK)
- Tim A. Rickenberg, Andreas Gebhardt, Michael H. Breitner: A Decision Support System For The Optimization Of Car Sharing Stations. ECIS 2013: 207
- Arisa Shollo, Robert D. Galliers: Towards An Understanding Of The Role Of Business Intelligence Systems In Organizational Knowing. ECIS 2013: 164
- Surajit Chaudhuri, Umeshwar Dayal, and Vivek Narasayya. 2011. An overview of business intelligence technology. Commun. ACM 54, 8 (August 2011), 88-98. DOI=10.1145/1978542.1978562 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1978542.1978562
- Hannula, M., Pirttimäki, V. "Business Intelligence Empirical Study on the top 50 Finnish Companies", Journal of Americal Academy of Business, Volume 2, Issue 2, 2003, pp. 593-599.
- Hugh J. Watson, Barbara H. Wixom, Jeffrey A. Hoffer, Ron Anderson-Lehman, Anne Marie Reynolds "Real-Time Business Intelligence: Best Practices at Continental Airlines", Information Systems Management, Vol. 23, Iss. 1, 2006.
- Badrinarayan Shankar Pawar, Ramesh Sharda, Obtaining business intelligence on the internet, Long Range Planning, Volume 30, Issue 1, February 1997, Pages 110-121, ISSN 0024-6301, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0024-6301(96)00100-8.
- Lian Duan; Li Da Xu, "Business Intelligence for Enterprise Systems: A Survey," Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on , vol.8, no.3, pp.679,687, Aug. 2012, doi: 10.1109/TII.2012.2188804
- Wu, Desheng Dash, Shu-Heng Chen, and David L. Olson. "Business intelligence in risk management: Some recent progresses." Information Sciences 256 (2014): 1-7.
- David Raber, Felix Wortmann, Robert Winter: Towards The Measurement Of Business Intelligence Maturity. ECIS 2013: 95
- Karlsson, Rebecka. "Data as Intelligence: A Study of Business Intelligence as Decision Support." (2013).
- Wixom, Barbara, et al. "The Current State of Business Intelligence in Academia: The Arrival of Big Data." Communications of the Association for Information Systems 34.1 (2014): 1.
- Chang, Victor. "The business intelligence as a service in the cloud." Future Generation Computer Systems 37 (2014): 512-534.
- McHugh, Declan. "Traffic Prediction and Analysis using a Big Data and Visualisation Approach." (2015).
- Poonnawat, Waranya, Peter Lehmann, and Thomas Connolly. "Teaching Business Intelligence With a Business Simulation Game." ECGBL2015-9th European Conference on Games Based Learning: ECGBL2015. Academic Conferences and publishing limited, 2015.
- Sparks, Betsy H., and Jack T. McCann. "Factors influencing business intelligence system use in decision making and organisational performance." International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management 5.1 (2015): 31-54.
- Moro, Sérgio, Paulo Cortez, and Paulo Rita. "Business intelligence in banking: A literature analysis from 2002 to 2013 using text mining and latent Dirichlet allocation." Expert Systems with Applications 42.3 (2015): 1314-1324.
- Li, Shancang, Li Da Xu, and Xinheng Wang. "Compressed sensing signal and data acquisition in wireless sensor networks and internet of things." Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on 9.4 (2013): 2177-2186.
- Calì, Andrea, et al. "Data integration under integrity constraints." Seminal Contributions to Information Systems Engineering. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013. 335-352.
- Daraio, Cinzia, et al. "Data integration for research and innovation policy: an Ontology-Based Data Management approach." Scientometrics (2015): 1-15.
- Fernandez, Raul Castro, et al. "Liquid: Unifying Nearline and Offline Big Data Integration." CIDR. 2015.
- Yan, Zhepeng, et al. "Active learning in keyword search-based data integration." The VLDB Journal 24.5 (2015): 611-631.
- Baugh, Evan H., et al. "Robust classification of protein variation using structural modelling and large-scale data integration." Nucleic acids research (2016): gkw120.
- Scheurwegs, Elyne, et al. "Data integration of structured and unstructured sources for assigning clinical codes to patient stays." Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association 23.e1 (2016): e11-e19.
- Webb-Robertson, Bobbie-Jo M., et al. "Bayesian Posterior Integration for Classification of Mass Spectrometry Data." Statistical Analysis of Proteomics, Metabolomics, and Lipidomics Data Using Mass Spectrometry. Springer International Publishing, 2017. 203-211.
- Daraio, Cinzia, et al. "Data integration for research and innovation policy: an Ontology-Based Data Management approach." Scientometrics 106.2 (2016): 857-871.
- Gentile, Anna Lisa, et al. "Extending RapidMiner with data search and integration capabilities." International Semantic Web Conference. Springer International Publishing, 2016.
- Bradt, Joke. "Data integration in mixed methods research." Nordic Journal of Music Therapy 25.sup1 (2016): 13-14.
- Portugal, Ivens, Paulo Alencar, and Donald Cowan. "Towards a provenance-aware spatial-temporal architectural framework for massive data integration and analysis." Big Data (Big Data), 2016 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2016.
- Jeffery, Shawn Ryan, et al. "Optimizing a data integration process." U.S. Patent No. 9,235,652. 12 Jan. 2016.
- Shah, Yash, et al. "Wearables data integration: Data-driven modeling to adjust for differences in Jawbone and Fitbit estimations of steps, calories, and resting heart-rate." Computers in Industry (2017).
- Dimitris Potoglou, Sunil Patil, Covadonga Gijón, Juan Francisco Palacios, Claudio Feijóo: The Value Of Personal Information Online: Results From Three Stated Preference Discrete Choice Experiments In The UK. ECIS 2013: 189
- Dong, Xin Luna, and Divesh Srivastava. "Big data integration." Data Engineering (ICDE), 2013 IEEE 29th International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
- Morton, Kristi, et al. "Dynamic workload driven data integration in tableau." Proceedings of the 2012 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data. ACM, 2012.
- Duan, Lingjie, et al. "Incentive mechanisms for smartphone collaboration in data acquisition and distributed computing." INFOCOM, 2012 Proceedings IEEE. IEEE, 2012.
- Stefan Feuerriegel, Philipp Bodenbenner, Dirk Neumann: Is More Information Better Than Less? Understanding The Impact Of Demand Response Mechanisms In Energy Markets. ECIS 2013: 167
- Raza, Usman, et al. "What does model-driven data acquisition really achieve in wireless sensor networks?." Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), 2012 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2012.
- Hao Wang, Congxing Cai, Andrew Philpot, Mark Latonero, Eduard H. Hovy, and Donald Metzler. 2012. Data integration from open internet sources to combat sex trafficking of minors. In Proceedings of the 13th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (dg.o '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 246-252. DOI=10.1145/2307729.2307769
- Alfred Essa and Hanan Ayad. 2012. Student success system: risk analytics and data visualization using ensembles of predictive models. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK '12), Simon Buckingham Shum, Dragan Gasevic, and Rebecca Ferguson (Eds.). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 158-161. DOI=10.1145/2330601.2330641
- Grublješič, Tanja, and Jurij Jaklič. "Three Dimensions of Business Intelligence Systems Use Behavior." International Journal of Enterprise Information Systems (IJEIS) 10.3 (2014): 62-76.
- Lewis, Sarah. "Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five approaches." Health promotion practice (2015): 1524839915580941.
- Baak, M., et al. "HistFitter software framework for statistical data analysis." The European Physical Journal C 75.4 (2015): 1-20.
- Dwork, Cynthia, et al. "Preserving statistical validity in adaptive data analysis." Proceedings of the Forty-Seventh Annual ACM on Symposium on Theory of Computing. ACM, 2015.
- Poria, Soujanya, et al. "Towards an intelligent framework for multimodal affective data analysis." Neural Networks 63 (2015): 104-116.
- Sonuga-Barke, Edmund JS. "Can Medication Effects Be Determined Using National Registry Data? A Cautionary Reflection on Risk of Bias in “Big Data” Analytics." Biological Psychiatry 80.12 (2016): 893-895.
- Ross, Gareth, and Tricia Walker. "Systems and methods for identifying and ranking successful agents based on data analytics." U.S. Patent No. 9,542,452. 10 Jan. 2017.
- Bach, Benjamin, et al. "Immersive Analytics: Exploring Future Interaction and Visualization Technologies for Data Analytics." Proceedings of the 2016 ACM on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces. ACM, 2016.
- Wang, Yichuan, LeeAnn Kung, and Terry Anthony Byrd. "Big data analytics: Understanding its capabilities and potential benefits for healthcare organizations." Technological Forecasting and Social Change (2016).
- Kokina, Julia, Dessislava Pachamanova, and Andrew Corbett. "The role of data visualization and analytics in performance management: Guiding entrepreneurial growth decisions." Journal of Accounting Education (2017).
- Zhou, Kaile, and Shanlin Yang. "Understanding household energy consumption behavior: The contribution of energy big data analytics." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 56 (2016): 810-819.
- Verena Dorner, Michael Scholz: Predicting And Economically Exploiting Utility Thresholds With Utility-Based Recommendation Systems. ECIS 2013: 30
- Stefan Nann, Jonas Krauss, Detlef Schoder: Predictive Analytics On Public Data - The Case Of Stock Markets. ECIS 2013: 102
- Mikko T. Siponen, Anthony Vance, Robert Willison: New insights into the problem of software piracy: The effects of neutralization, shame, and moral beliefs. Information & Management 49(7-8): 334-341 (2012)
- Adam D.I. Kramera, Jamie E. Guillory, Jeffrey T. Hancock. 2014. Experimental evidence of massive-scale emotional contagion through social networks. PNAS 2014 111: 8788-8790.
- Christy M. K. Cheung, Zach W. Y. Lee, Matthew K. O. Lee: Understanding Compulsive Use Of Facebook Through The Reinforcement Processes. ECIS 2013: 22
- Jonas Krauss, Stefan Nann, Daniel Simon, Peter A. Gloor, Kai Fischbach: Predicting Movie Success and Academy Awards through Sentiment and Social Network Analysis. ECIS 2008: 2026-2037
- Geetika T. Lakshmanan, Songyun Duan, Paul T. Keyser, Francisco Curbera, Rania Khalaf "Predictive Analytics for Semi-structured Case Oriented Business Processes" in Business Process Management Workshops, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, Volume 66, 2011, pp 640-651
- Chen, Hsinchun, Roger HL Chiang, and Veda C. Storey. "Business Intelligence and Analytics: From Big Data to Big Impact." MIS quarterly 36.4 (2012): 1165-1188.
- Katja Leiviskä, Mikko T. Siponen: Attitudes of sixth form female students toward the IT field. SIGCAS Computers and Society 40(1): 34-49 (2010)
- Katja Leiviskä, Mikko T. Siponen: Understanding Why IS Students Drop Out: Toward A Process Theory. ECIS 2013: 62
- Keenan, K. Forrest, Edwin van Teijlingen, and Emma Pitchforth. "The analysis of qualitative research data in family planning and reproductive health care." Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care 31.1 (2015): 40-43.
- Celarc, Saso, and Mojca Gros. "Calculation of the water balance and analysis of agriculture drought data using a Business Intelligence (BI) system." GIL Jahrestagung. 2013.
- Horkoff, Jennifer, et al. "Making data meaningful: The business intelligence model and its formal semantics in description logics." On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems: OTM 2012. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012. 700-717.
- Motulsky, Harvey J. "Common misconceptions about data analysis and statistics." British journal of pharmacology 172.8 (2015): 2126-2132.
- Kosara, Robert. "Presentation-oriented visualization techniques." IEEE computer graphics and applications 36.1 (2016): 80-85.
- Olszak, Celina M., and Kornelia Batko. "The use of business intelligence systems in healthcare organizations in Poland." Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2012 Federated Conference on. IEEE, 2012.
- van Antwerpen, Coen, and Neville J. Curtis. "A data collection and presentation methodology for decision support: A case study of hand-held mine detection devices." European Journal of Operational Research (2015).
- Teras, Marko, and Shriram Raghunathan. "BIG DATA VISUALISATION IN IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL REALITY ENVIRONMENTS: EMBODIED PHENOMENOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES TO INTERACTION." ICTACT Journal on Soft Computing 5.4 (2015).
- Martinez, Ramon, et al. "Data visualisation in surveillance for injury prevention and control: conceptual bases and case studies." Injury prevention (2016): injuryprev-2015.
- Shukla, Ayushi, and Saru Dhir. "Tools for Data Visualization in Business Intelligence: Case Study Using the Tool Qlikview." Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications. Springer India, 2016. 319-326.
- Minton, Jonathan, et al. "What Case & Deaton saw, and what they missed. A data visualisation commentary on Case & Deaton (2015)." The European Journal of Public Health 26.suppl 1 (2016): ckw174-199.
- Magee, Barry, et al. "Introducing data driven practices into sales environments: examining the impact of data visualisation on user engagement and sales results." Journal of Decision Systems 25.sup1 (2016): 313-328.
- Wang, Tzai-Der, Xiaochuan Wu, and Colin Fyfe. "Factors important for good visualisation of time series." International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering 12.1 (2016): 17-28.
- McCrorie, A. D., C. Donnelly, and K. J. McGlade. "Infographics: Healthcare Communication for the Digital Age." The Ulster Medical Journal 85.2 (2016): 71.
- Zubiaga, Arkaitz, and Brian MacNamee. "Graphical perception of value distributions: an evaluation of non-expert viewers’ data literacy." Journal of Community Informatics 12.3 (2016).
- Rashid, Umar, Miguel A. Nacenta, and Aaron Quigley. "Factors influencing visual attention switch in multi-display user interfaces: a survey." Proceedings of the 2012 International Symposium on Pervasive Displays. ACM, 2012. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2307799
- Umar Rashid, Miguel A. Nacenta, and Aaron Quigley. 2012. The cost of display switching: a comparison of mobile, large display and hybrid UI configurations. In Proceedings of the International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI '12), Genny Tortora, Stefano Levialdi, and Maurizio Tucci (Eds.). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 99-106. DOI=10.1145/2254556.2254577 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2254556.2254577
- Nigel Harvey, Fergus Bolger, Graphs versus tables: Effects of data presentation format on judgemental forecasting, International Journal of Forecasting, Volume 12, Issue 1, March 1996, Pages 119-137, ISSN
- Matthew Powers, Conda Lashley, Pamela Sanchez, Ben Shneiderman, An experimental comparison of tabular and graphic data presentation, International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, Volume 20, Issue 6, June 1984, Pages 545-566, ISSN 0020-7373, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7373(84)80029-2.0169-2070, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0169-2070(95)00634-6.
- Catherine Plaisant. 2004. The challenge of information visualization evaluation. In Proceedings of the working conference on Advanced visual interfaces (AVI '04). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 109-116. DOI=10.1145/989863.989880 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/989863.989880
- Michel Beaudouin-Lafon. 2004. Designing interaction, not interfaces. In Proceedings of the working conference on Advanced visual interfaces (AVI '04). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 15-22. DOI=10.1145/989863.989865 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/989863.989865
- Abelló, Alberto, et al. "Fusion cubes: Towards self-service business intelligence." (2013).
- Umanath, N. S. and Vessey, I. (1994), Multiattribute Data Presentation and Human Judgment: A Cognitive Fit Perspective. Decision Sciences, 25: 795–824. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5915.1994.tb01870.x
- Melanie Tory and Sheryl Staub-French. 2008. Qualitative analysis of visualization: a building design field study. In Proceedings of the 2008 Workshop on BEyond time and errors: novel evaLuation methods for Information Visualization (BELIV '08). ACM, New York, NY, USA, , Article 7 , 8 pages. DOI=10.1145/1377966.1377975 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1377966.1377975
- Weissgerber, Tracey L., et al. "Beyond bar and line graphs: time for a new data presentation paradigm." PLoS Biol 13.4 (2015): e1002128.
- Ziefle, Martina, Philipp Brauner, and Frederic Speicher. "Effects of data presentation and perceptual speed on speed and accuracy in table reading for inventory control." Occupational Ergonomics 12.3 (2015): 119-129.
- Wang, Rui, et al. "Open source libraries and frameworks for biological data visualisation: A guide for developers." Proteomics 15.8 (2015): 1356-1374.
presentation (~10 min) + discussion
- Summary of the paper
- Results of the paper
- What was new or surprising?
- Do you agree with it? Were there any significant threats to validity?
- What did you learn? How would you use the results of the paper?
- Anything else you would like to add