MTAT.03.316 Computer Graphics Project
- Time: Monday 14:15 - 15:45 (weeks 24, 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35, 37, 38, 39)
- Place: Liivi 2 - 202
- Raimond-Hendrik Tunnel (email@example.com)
- Erich Jagomägis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mailing list: email@example.com
This course is meant for working on a computer graphics related project. It can be your own project or you can work on any of other proposed projects.
Main purpose is the organization of project work, so it would be nice if you are motivated to achieve some result (ie develop a component) in your project and are interested in the technologies needed for you. Those can be for example:
Higher level software like Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Blender
Requirements / Grading
To get a positive grade for the course the student will need to:
- Create a small project plan (deadline 15.02).
You should have a plan for the semester that explains, what is your project. Plan should be at least 1-2 pages long and can be written on the course page, a README.md in GitHub, or just a PDF. It should include the following:
- Goals of the project. What are the desired outcomes?
- Required technologies.
- Foreseen difficulties.
If you can not produce a project plan for the deadline, you earn a strike.
- Set up and complete 2 week long milestones (6 in total).
Throughout the semester plan out a development iteration cycle for 2 weeks. The goals need to be written and presented to others. After 2 weeks you need to present the fulfillment of those goals. You should estimate roughly 6h of individual work per 2 weeks.
If you are unsuccessful in achieving the short-term goals set out for yourself, you earn a strike.
- Present your final result (16.05, 23.05).
After you have completed (hopefully) all milestones, you need to present the project to others. In the final presentation you can:
- Compare the result with the initial project plan
- Discuss the difficulties encountered
- Show the progress made
- Demonstrate the result
If you do not do the final presentation, you can not pass the course.
If you have earned more than 3 strikes, you can not pass the course.